Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

MKIV Jetta Catback - What systems fit?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  KiDGiB 
#1 ·
Wanting to get a slightly louder then stock catback for a MKIV Jetta 1.8T.

Will catbacks from the other motors fit (2.0, V6)?

What about from other models like a MK3 Jetta?
What about from other MK4 models (Golf?) I'm guessing this is a no.

#2 ·
I don't think the 2.0 or VR6 exhaust fits.

The ones for the Golf is about 1 foot shorter out the back, so if you get an exhaust tip that is about 1 foot longer, then you can make it work. Mine came with a short and a long exhaust tip since it works for both Golf and Jetta 1.8t.

#4 ·
Ok, good to know. Thanks!

Pay no mind to the childish responses

Be aware that if you go with the other motor exhaust's, you will need to modify other parts and the diameter of the piping will not be the optimal size for the 1.8t motor, if your thinking about doing it and can't wait and save up to do it right just don't do it at all, you'll loose more money trying to make it work then it's worth
Would you happen to know what size the stock 1.8t piping is?

Basically, I'm just trying to add a little noise so shifting by ear is possible. Right now, the car is so quiet you often have to check the tach.

This post has been deleted
#3 ·
Also added 14 inch rims, a 12 inch lift kit, and a spoiler... I think it's easily the sickest car east of the Mississippi!
Pay no mind to the childish responses

Be aware that if you go with the other motor exhaust's, you will need to modify other parts and the diameter of the piping will not be the optimal size for the 1.8t motor, if your thinking about doing it and can't wait and save up to do it right just don't do it at all, you'll loose more money trying to make it work then it's worth

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.