Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The link to the MK4 Service Manual is no good. Anyone have the pdf they can send me?
Fuckkkk. Yeah I've got the PDF but have no idea how I'd send it to ya lol. It's too big to e-mail through hotmail. Any ideas?

·
Jetta Junkie Moderator
2,922 Posts
Do the Wolfsburg editions have different internals or anything like that?? More powerful motor different turbo??
nope. same motor, same turbo. ( for example a 01 wolfsburg has the same hp as a reg 1.8T) just badges, wheels and some interior differences. i.e. steering wheel and maybe seats not a 100% sure cuz i never owned one lol.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
no prob.

poordude: this is my own link to a full bentley manual, should help answer your questions. http://www.mediafire.com/?tb241dvb3g19ptv << scratch that link, somehow is was deleted, i will try to fix or make a new link sometime this week. idk what happened ???
That would be badass of you Eric. If you get it set up let me know what the new link is so I can change the original post. Gracias!

·
Jetta Junkie Moderator
2,922 Posts
ok, ill look into it and see what happens. im uploading it to mediafire again. i'll send ya the link vicky after its done. its gonna be awhile the file is fairly large lol. almost 200MB.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The link to download the bentley manual is now back up and working.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
I dont really patrol the mkIV forums much so dont wanna step on anybodys feet, but I stumbled on a good site the other day that lists all the vw specific codes ( and other brands for that matter) That might help give people an idea where to look when they pull up codes and dont know what it is. http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/volkswagen/ If you think its worth adding.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
We do have a fault code list, not sure why its not in the original post though haha. I'll add it, thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
say- that manual [ bently jetta golf] will help me some but is there a line on the older one for the 92 Jettta 1.6 deseil? appreciate that
yrs
wrnchy
Yes there is, not sure if there is a .PDF online though, just give a google search. Sometimes with the older generations you can find a paper copy for a good price too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey. has anyone on here done a custom exhaust? just wondering how much pipe i need between a 3 inch 42dd downpipe and flowmaster 40 series muffler. also is there some type of pre-mandrel bent stainless t-304 pipe that works. i have someone who will custome bend and weld it for me, i just need to know how much pipe

thanks,
Chase

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not sure how much but u could always break out a tape measure should be fairly easy.

sent from a payphone using quarters

·
Registered
17 Posts
i was going to do that, just wanted to make sure there wasnt some kit i didnt know about that way id only have to pay for the weld rather than bends as well. also looking into a front mount intercooler. has anyone had one off of say ebay. there are some on there now that are made for the car. just wondering if there are a lot of custom mods when installing. also is there any custom work for say my dv. thanks for all your help!

41 - 60 of 91 Posts