Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
08 GLI
146 Posts
Hey all....

This is a list for MKV mods, organized by price. post up your mods and price, and Oregondweller will add them to the list!

Here are the amounts I was thinking about:
>$100
>$250
>$500
>$750
$1000 & up

List the things you'd either do or have already done and an approximate price, and let's see if we can get a nice long list going.

>$50 or less:
-Interior LEDs
-License plate LED's
-LED City light replacements
-Remove sound deadening material from bottom of the hood

>$100:
-K&N (or equivalent) high performance air filter
-Clear sidemarkers
-ultra white headlights
-aftermarket floormats
-Painted Calipers
-Eyelids for headlights
-Painted engine covers

>$250
-Neuspeed P-Flo
-Cross Drilled and slotted rotors from DRT brakes
-Fk Springs
-EBC Brake Pads

>$500
-Gti/Gli grille
-Paint center of the hood black

>$750
-APR ECU programming
-Sway Bars

Please share your thoughts...:coolsmiley:

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
What I'm gonna do is, when people post more, I'll just add them to the list, so people dont have to go searching through a long thread.

·
Member - VR6 Crew
205 Posts
Yeah good idea, although won't the costs for any mod differ depending on the yr and engine size??

·
08 GLI
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah good idea, although won't the costs for any mod differ depending on the yr and engine size??
Probably so, but at least there will be a list of different items that might work on various year models and engine sizes, as well as other mods that are not yr/model specific.

·
Quicker Member
420 Posts
<100 Clear sidemarkers, ultra white headlights, aftermarket floormats, Painted Calipers, Eyelids for headlights, Painted engine covers, Remove sound deadening material from bottom of the hood
<200 Cross Drilled and slotted rotors from DRT brakes, Fk Springs, Neuspeed P-flo
<500 Gti/Gli grille, Painted center of the hood black
>1000 Rims and Tires from Tirerack.com

See build thread for pics

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
Went ahead and stickie'd this. post stuff up people!

·
08 GLI
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The list is looking good!!! Great ideas so far and yes, we need more..[agree]

Add:

>$250 EBC Brake Pads
>$750 APR ECU programming, Sway Bars

·
Registered
57 Posts
$100< Auto Tint interior rear view mirror

·
Registered
48 Posts
>$100 Painted Emblems and engine compartment pieces-$65.00
>$250 Forge carbon fiber duel cold air intake-$420.00
>$500 APR stage 1 chip tuning with 4 maps-$650.00
>$750
$1000 & up- The loan I took out to get this Bad Mother-$23,500.00
I love this car! With just the few mods I have on it im pushing 270 Hp and over 340 lb-ft. Dyno tested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sound deadening material hanging under the hood is also there for fire supression purposes as well. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy... Are you trying to save weight by removing this?

Tip: if you are ever trying to put out an engine fire, don't open the hood (hot hood will likely burn your hands and opening the hood lets more oxygen in), spray the extinguisher up into the engine bay from below the car.

Just something to consider...

-speedeep

Hey all....
-Remove sound deadening material from bottom of the hood

·
Quicker Member
420 Posts
That sound deadening material hanging under the hood is also there for fire supression purposes as well. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy... Are you trying to save weight by removing this?

Tip: if you are ever trying to put out an engine fire, don't open the hood (hot hood will likely burn your hands and opening the hood lets more oxygen in), spray the extinguisher up into the engine bay from below the car.

Just something to consider...

-speedeep
Keeps heat from being trapped in engine bay and allows heat to escape out the top as well as the bottom.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts