Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the '09 2.5L N/A jetta, any specific mods that people have done? i have been having a hard time finding a throaty exhaust for it and also a cold air intake (that's not the SRI)...any suggestions??

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
i have the '09 2.5L N/A jetta, any specific mods that people have done? i have been having a hard time finding a throaty exhaust for it and also a cold air intake (that's not the SRI)...any suggestions??
SRI will be your best bet since there's really no difference in air temp, second go with magnaflow for an exhaust that'll be a nice throaty exhaust

·
Registered
14 Posts
should I keep the suitcase muffler on or replace that one with the magnaflow? ive heard of a lot of people either using magnaflow or just straight piping it..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2006 2.5L and the Carbonio gives your car a GREAT deep and strong sound that I have yet to get a complaint about from anyone. I have actually had people stop me to tell me how nice my car sounds. That's a part of the appeal, beyond the carbon fiber look it gives the engine bay!

Here is my list of mods as well.
Engine:
C2 Motorsports - ECU Flash Load Program, Stage 1 Software upgrade 299.00 (NGP Racing)
Red Dogbone Mount Insert 35.00 (ESCtuning)
USP 2.5" stainless steel Catback testpipe 275.00 (NGP racing)
Carbonio CAI with K&N Super Cone 280.00 (NGP racing)

Suspension:
FK Street line coilovers 550.00 (ESCtuning)
FK sway bar links included with coilovers (ESCtuning)

Brakes:
StopTech SportStop Drilled Rotors/Front and Rear 270.00 (Tirerack)
Akebono Euro Ceramic Composite Brake Pads/Front & Rear 145.00 (ESCtuning)

Wheels:
Alzor Style 17 x 7.5" Style 349 Wheels with a 5x112 offset in Hyper Silver. 430.00 (ESCtuning)
Nexus 225/45 550.00

Exterior:
European Blackout Headlights 250.00 (ESCtuning)

·
Registered
3 Posts
TDI cars

The APR tune for 2.0 TDI has been a bit problematic. They are pretty new to the diesel tuning game and their tune may not yet be "ready for prime time". Unitronic and Revo both offer pretty good ECU tunes, but they do not offer DSG tunes and they cannot do any sort of "custom" tune. If you want anything other than a standard stage 1 tune, you have to talk to either RocketChip (Jeff) or Malone (Mark) or one of their dealers. It's really that simple.
I have Malone stage 2,and DSG tune.both them done for around $1000. I cannot be happier with the performance and shifting quality

Just something to consider.
Intake before DPF delete = DPF failure.
The stock computer cannot properly adjusted the extra air put in the car will not go into clean out mode and the DPF will fail.

For DSG owners. Factory DSG software has a 258 foot-pound torque limiter. Which is well below what most ECU tunes add. To take advantage of this extra torque you're getting you will need to do a DSG tune. otherwise it will result in poor shift quality and torque limitation.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts