Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know how to make the keys to take out the monsoon radio
i have a 2003 jetta and i want to take out the monsoon and put a new head unit in it
and do you have to have four keys do it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I tried yesterday making the keys with an old credit card. Didn't work for me. I ended up running to Walmart where they had a removal kit for $4.50. With the double din, you need 2 kits. Giving it a test, had the radio out in the parking lot in 5 seconds.

Yes, with the double din you need 4 keys (2 keys come in the kit I bought.)

And.... I would have just bought the keys first, but a quick run to Walmart is an hour ordeal both ways, thus I tried to make something from a credit card to try first. Though being forced to drive the turbo an hour each way isn't much of a downfall :D

·
Resident Senior Citizen
840 Posts
Though being forced to drive the turbo an hour each way isn't much of a downfall :D
Always finding the Silver lining. Good Man! :))

·
Knight of the 3rd Pedal
497 Posts
straighten out a paperclip and flatten out the end. should be an acceptable substitute. you would need 2 or 4 depending on which stereo you have.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Always finding the Silver lining. Good Man! :))
Yup. On the same note, my wife came home from work about 5 pm the Saturday after I bought the car. We drove 2 hours to Presque Isle in Erie, PA, ate a picnic dinner and let the kids swim for half an hour or so, then drove 2 hours home, hehehehe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts