Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My 1st Jetta
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought a 1982 VW Jetta Diesel. I believe it has the 1.6l. Ive been messing around under the hood checking things out. So far i put in a new radiator, done an oil change, and plugged in several sensors that have become unplugged over the years. I noticed a whole in the top of my transmission that looks like something is supposed to go there. I watched a few YouTube videos and on those cars it looks like a plug and hose are supposed to be there but i dont know what it does? Does anyone know what this is called? I haven't had any issues but i would like it to be fixed but i dont even know what part to ask for. I was thinkin i would replace it and get a tranny flush just to be sure nothing fell in. I love my old jetta and i plan on keeping it for awhile. Thank you for your knowledge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anytime a tranny is open like that, contamination is a potential problem.

I don't really know that car well enough to answer your question though. If you intend to keep up the car yourself, you probably should look around for a factory service guide (I don't know if Bentley guides go back to 82). The exploded parts diagrams are helpful.
Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts