1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got my first car:
A 2010 Volkswagon Jetta Se
2.5L with 170 hp, black on black.
any tips or tricks to maximize performance on my new baby?

·
Jetta TDI
2,109 Posts
Car looks good. I don't know what you could do but I am sure someone could help.

Shawn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya hopefully, but can you explain to me about litres and such? I mean i heard 2.5 is good but i dont know too much about it

·
Jetta TDI
2,109 Posts
What do you want to know you question is kind of confusing lol.

Shawn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry lol, im still new to the car thing, I just want to know what it means if my car is advertised as having a 2.5 litre engine

·
Old School
4,841 Posts
welcome. car looks real nice. as far as the liters are concerned.....you have point 5 more than i do so thats a plus lol.

·
Highschool Dubber
146 Posts
it means ur engines displacement is 2.5 litres, think of it as the "size" of the engine

·
Fukenmüven
1,014 Posts
its not bad, not too good when compared to say the new camaro ss that has a 6.2 liter, i know thats not much of a comparison but its the first thing that comes to mind.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Welcome!!
That's a nice car man!!

Dude, Why do you need more HP??
170 is good.

And If you have an auto tranny, Adding more Hp is almost useless.
You will need to add some big cash and is not all about hp, You need more torque if you want to use those extra hp to go faster.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i feel incredibly stupid for asking but i have read a few articles on torque but still dont fully understand the concept of it, so can somone just give me a brief statement or explanation of torque and how it differs from horsepower?

·
Old School
4,841 Posts
dont feel stupid for asking questions. alot of people on here arent sure about things and they want to learn and there are plenty of knowledgeable people on this forum. theres plenty i dont know either. ive learned quite a bit since i joined jettajunkie. alot of great people on here so dont ever feel awkward about asking a question. hell...maybe we should start a thread called the jetta junkie classroom lol. chris (boostaddicted) would certainly be one of the professors lol.

·
lowness and dopeness
4,818 Posts
boostaddicted was the first person to walk me thru my exhaust problem when i first joined..he is the man! dude. iv only been here a month and i have learned so much! your gonna get addicted to this forum so be ready ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha, well dont feel bad about having less litres..my sister just got a 2010 bmw 328i lol. so i feel your pain

·
Registered
12 Posts
torque is what you feel when you hit the throttle. its what puts you in the back of your seat. its usually a lower rpm pull hence why big rigs have so much torque and no need for much hp.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts