Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it was time to finally make one of these. I have a 1994 Jetta GL, and haven't done alot to it so far, but definitely have some plans for this year. Current mods are OEM Depo foglights, euro headlight switch, and black grill. But enough talk, time for pics.

My car as it was when I bought her.

Picked up a new grill for $25 shipped because of a broken part.

So I proceeded to fix it.

And how it sits now.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Current mod I'm working on, my friend gave me another broken grill, and I still have the orriginal broken grill that came with the car, so I'm making a badgeless grill for it. I figure why buy one when I can build one? I may write up a DIY on it. Upcoming mods include: Raceland coilovers, all red tails with taillights wired in the rear fog position, rear euro plate tub, debadge the trunk, and new exhaust.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
nice, i love budget builds. you could always make your own custom shift boot. im making one for my 92 jetta from a Jager bottle cover thingy like this

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Scored a free second hood from a friend, so I'm going to do an art hood. But, I'm debating on what to use to strip the paint off. Power sander or angle grinder with a wire wheel?
Nice. How bout trying something crazy, like half rust n art, not straight down the middle, random spots. Just wat I thought when u said wat u wanted to do.

°•→§3ΠT U$¡ΠG [email protected]°A°[email protected]←•°

·
Registered
184 Posts
Scored a free second hood from a friend, so I'm going to do an art hood. But, I'm debating on what to use to strip the paint off. Power sander or angle grinder with a wire wheel?
use a paint remover. i think its called jasco. i used it to get the paint off for my rust...worked great

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
use a paint remover. i think its called jasco. i used it to get the paint off for my rust...worked great
Thanks for the tip. It's looking like the hood is going to be held off for a bit, Too many projects going on at once. Trying to get my cluster done, my euro tub fixed, get the grill made, and red tails. What do you guys think I should do for the cluster: DDI gauges or custom made ones? If I go custom, I'm getting some red EL sheets, and my friend will cut me out some faces out of vinyl. More work, but less $$$. I'm thinking I'll end up going custom.

Edit to avoid double post:
Came up with another one of my crazy ideas. Joey modded fog lights with french yellow lenses. Only ever seen one or the other, but never both.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would, but I really love the look of all reds. Besides, I already bought a new set of amber/red tails to do it to. And I finally cleaned out all of the crap in my car, including the trunk. I have a floor again!:p

EDIT: Tried opening it up on the highway tonight, and found out I need a new clutch. :tickedoff: So after some looking around, I found this:
http://www.ngpracing.com/store/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=6205
Seems to be good enough for my needs, and it's only about $60 more than a new OEM one. Anyone have any experience with this brand?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Built and installed my LED system for the HVAC today. Sorry no pics of the wiring.

No idea why my head unit looks orange in this pic, in person it's the same red as the HVAC. Now I'm waiting on my red lit buttons I ordered from BonusParts on the vortex, along with my red cig lighter ring and MK4 needles for my cluster.

·
Registered
984 Posts
love the red accent led effects, green does get boring after a while. just gotta do the whole thing now in red.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. Like I said, just waiting on some red lit switches and mk4 needles and then I will be building a custom red lit backlit cluster. Kind of like the DDI gauges but more OEM looking. Getting the original faces scanned and cut out in black mate vinyl. I'm just debating on if I should remove the KPH from the gauges or not.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks. Like I said, just waiting on some red lit switches and mk4 needles and then I will be building a custom red lit backlit cluster. Kind of like the DDI gauges but more OEM looking. Getting the original faces scanned and cut out in black mate vinyl. I'm just debating on if I should remove the KPH from the gauges or not.
I'd leave it... more authentic.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update:

Finally got all of the stuff I need to get the cluster done, going to crack into it this week and try to get the faces cut out this Friday. Also, the red lit switches I ordered fell through, so I got some stock ones that I'm going to redo, just gotta order some more LEDs. And got my new boots in. But enough talk, time for pics:

I'd leave it... more authentic.
After some thinking, I'm going to leave it for that reason.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts