Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got pictures of my Jetta. I have been waiting to post them until i was able to get it nice and clean. It is a 2.slow and unfortunately it is an automatic. I have never owned a VW before but i am loving it so far. [woo]

I am going to do some basic mods, black OEM grill, joey mod head lights, black out side markers and repeaters, intake, rims, maybe an exhaust and eventually tint.

it is going to be a slow process because cash flow is kinda tight right now.

Let me know what you think.

·
Representin' Deutschland
657 Posts
Very Stock and VERY VERY clean. Very nice man. Sucks that its an automatic, but still, that thing is PRIME modding material. Very nice.

What year is it? Oh and BIG HIGH FIVE to you for knowing how to use the forums and research what you want done to it. If I have to see another, "New to VW, Need advice" thread...imma slap someone.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
I agree with Sitrane, VERY clean looking car, you're even sportin the tire shine! Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot guys. It is a 2005 Sitrane.

I guess people really don't know how to use the search function in this forum. its not hard to find all the information you need on this forum, and if you can find it here you can find it on vortex.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice and clean bro, I have a 02 2.0 and mine happens to be Automatic also. I'm doing chip, short ram intake and maybe a catback exhaust too... I have suspension done already Keep yer mods posted bro... Good luck with your car

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
You don't have to buy a new grille!! Just paint your current one black, that's what I did.
Nice looking car, will look even better once you get those mods done.

My dad and my older brother are HUGE Steeler's fans, and they're dragging my boyfriend over too lol. Their probably my #2, but I'm a Raiders fan at heart... DON'T HATE! I know they're horrible :p

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't have to buy a new grille!! Just paint your current one black, that's what I did.
Nice looking car, will look even better once you get those mods done.

My dad and my older brother are HUGE Steeler's fans, and they're dragging my boyfriend over too lol. Their probably my #2, but I'm a Raiders fan at heart... DON'T HATE! I know they're horrible :p
i was thinking about just painting my existing one too but i haven't really looked into it.

The Steelers are great. trust me i won't hate just because you don't like something i do. you like what you like. At least you can cheer for your 2nd favorite team in the playoffs when your 1st favorite does not make it. :D

P.S. GO PENS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
i was thinking about just painting my existing one too but i haven't really looked into it.

At least you can cheer for your 2nd favorite team in the playoffs when your 1st favorite does not make it. :D
It doesn't take much work at all, you just hav eto sand off the factory paint, which takes like 10 minutes, I used 1000 and 2000 grit sandpaper, it isn't hard to get off at all. Then I used black krylon spray paint, the kinda that bonds with plastic. Worked really well!

Lol yeah, that's what I'm used to doing.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't take much work at all, you just hav eto sand off the factory paint, which takes like 10 minutes, I used 1000 and 2000 grit sandpaper, it isn't hard to get off at all. Then I used black krylon spray paint, the kinda that bonds with plastic. Worked really well!

did you have the plastic chrome strips on the front of your grill? If so, are they easy to take off or should i just spray over them?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its cool i understand that not everyone likes the pens.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

do you have a picture of the final project?

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Scratches blend in with the raw steel frame lol

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i love the color it looks clean even when its dirty and it hides the minor scratches.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yea it hides scratches pretty good just watch out for those quarter car washes, every time i do it it seems to get a scratch lol. so im sticking to touchfree car wash

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea it hides scratches pretty good just watch out for those quarter car washes, every time i do it it seems to get a scratch lol. so im sticking to touchfree car wash
yeah i try to hand wash mine when i can. i rarely go to the car wash unless i just rinse it off during winter to get all the salt off.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a SRI installed a few days ago. [woo]
Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic. I'm still debating on if i'm going to make a heat shield or not. Any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts