Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new 2001 Jetta 1.8T, and aside from minor paint and body issues, it's perfect! I've never modded any car before, but I'm seriously considering it with this one. I think I'll be starting with a Chip. is GIAC the way to go? If there's an alternative that I should look into, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help you might offer.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
I've heard more good things about the APR tune for 1.8T's. Regardless of their location, you can just ship them your ECU and they'll do the work and send it on back to you.

Welcome to the forum, let's see some pics of your car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i definitely can't afford to be without a car for even a day. I need something plug and play. Already tuned when i get it. If necessary, i'm sure i could find somewhere locally to get it tuned, right?

·
The jetta thats Betta
607 Posts
theres numorous locations for places like apr and unitronics. the one im going to is only like 30 minutes away im sure theres something around u in texas

·
Cowboy
4,826 Posts

·
Jetta Junkie Moderator
2,922 Posts
try the dealer locator, put in ur zip code and viola (think i spelled that right lol) brings up a dealer close to u. id rather take the whole car, so u can test it out just to be sure, dont wanna have to send it back and forth. u could get a moped in the mean time, im too lazy for a bicycle ne more and the smokin doesnt help lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later