Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is buddy. I'm new to forums but have been loving vws since I got my mk2 when I was 16. I have been workin on my jetta since day one. She is an '88 jetta GL, with a 1.8L digi and a 5spd. The first thing I did was cut the whole exhaust off at the resonator cuz I was 16 and wanted it loud...i fudged together a red neck res delete and regrettable put on a fart can. I have been driving for four years now. I emptied that cat and had a new exhaust pipe put on with an oem muffler. I put new struts all the way around and found out my rear strut mounts were rusted beyond reuse since they dropped out of the rear and shattered. Thanks to my fiances dad, we managed to make a new pair. I have done body work to the quarters but it has not lasted. I plan on paintin the whole car flat black bc I love the old rat rod feel. Eventuslly I'm gonna attempt buildin her into a sleeper. Currently she is uninspected and needs a shift linkage adjustment or synchronized so I can get her to shift into 5th.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am having trouble deciding what to buy at tax time! can anyone gimme ideas? im thinkin coilovers and spacers in the rear. please feel free to throw ideas at me

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
I am having trouble deciding what to buy at tax time! can anyone gimme ideas? im thinkin coilovers and spacers in the rear. please feel free to throw ideas at me
ive learned time and time again to buy what the car NEEDS not what it wants. Fix the issues that bog the project down. Otherwise youll be sitting on parts instead of $ and you never know when youll need cash....i.e the woman (and i dont mean the car).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone know the mk2 5spd well? bc mine wont allow me to shift into fifth after my cv axle disconnected and hit my linkage. now the shifter is pushed over to the right against the console. there is a cylinder shaped part on the trans that seems to be whats causing it to do this but i dont have much of a knowledge of transaxles to know what im doing. its no fun only runnin 50 mph :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think me and you would get along lol I wanna paint mine flat black too and I’ve pieced together my exhaust to make it a little louder LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts