Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jettaissues
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99.5 mk4 Jetta gls 2.0 105k miles. I took the 2 connectors off my transmission ckecking wires for shorts (turns out it was alternator) i left the one closer to the batt box off and drove the car a mile. Tranny took off in third and didn't shift. I checked the connectors and put it back on. Both are snapped on good. Now it's stuck in third. From wat i have read i am in limp mode. Is there a manual reset for this or did i damage the sensor i unplugged wen i drove it? I hope i am posting in the right place as i am new here and trying not to b such a rere. I have searched this site over and can't find a fix, but saw that there is a manual way to reset, however there were no instructions. Thanks in advance. Any advice will be appreciated

·
Jettaissues
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NOBODY???!!! i kno this has happened to others cuz i've seen numerous posts about limp mode, but no resolution. I know evryone that was lucky enough to get in limp didn't scrap their dub, so at least leave something saying what you tried or any advice. Thanks

·
Jettaissues
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: My cars shifting again
Well for anyone who sees this, since i ran the car with the transmission sensor unplugged it put it in limp mode on my 99.5 MKIV Jetta. I had a friend at a transmission shop scan it with a European scanner and it had a bunch of codes for the transmision sensors stored. "it had several others because i unplugged a bunch of crap looking for a short" After he cleared them, all is well, Jetta is out of limp mode and driving fine. Shifts smoother than before. So before you go to the dealer with "limp mode" try to find a 'friend' with a vag-com or european scanner. A lot of smaller shops even have them. At a shop it was going to be $80, but if you know someone inside, they may help for a much lower price. just throw them a bone please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: My cars shifting again
Well for anyone who sees this, since i ran the car with the transmission sensor unplugged it put it in limp mode on my 99.5 MKIV Jetta. I had a friend at a transmission shop scan it with a European scanner and it had a bunch of codes for the transmision sensors stored. "it had several others because i unplugged a bunch of crap looking for a short" After he cleared them, all is well, Jetta is out of limp mode and driving fine. Shifts smoother than before. So before you go to the dealer with "limp mode" try to find a 'friend' with a vag-com or european scanner. A lot of smaller shops even have them. At a shop it was going to be $80, but if you know someone inside, they may help for a much lower price. just throw them a bone please.
What shop did you go too?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts