Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my turbo seals are going out on my k03. i will need to either replace the turbo with a new K03 or possibly upgrade it to the K04 if it will bolt right up to the stock parts. I was considering getting a turbo rebuild kit but i'm not sure what the actual part number is for the stock turbo because i do believe there are several different types and some are for the passat, etc and won't interchange, any help would be great thanks!!

also wondering if the K04 will require a fmic, or any other upgrades??

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much additional horsepower will the car have once you have a turbo upgrade? Putting a turbo on a car would require inter-cooler right? Once you bolted on a turbo what else does it need to have this upgrade.

·
Senior citizen member
670 Posts
AFAIK there is two different type of internalsfor the k03s and the only way to know for sure would be opening the turbocharger and looking

A front mount is not required but is definitely a good idea to keep the temps low thus making more power, if going k04 there is a model that bolts right in and uses all your factory parts but I cant remember the part number

·
Registered
133 Posts
frankenturbo will require some rods or torque spikes will kill your motor...k04-001 is straight bolt up.. and theres some tunes out for it to get the max out of it..unitronic etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts