Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 96 jetta glx vr6 all stock what are some things to start off with to give it some extra power. whats a good website to look for performance parts.

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
You looking to keep it NA? Intake, exhaust and cams are good places to start. I would pick those up then get it tuned. Other than that there's not much else you can do that doesn't cost a buttload

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure yet if i want it NA or not. but what is a good website to get performance parts from? im gunna start with an intake headers and full exhaust and cams. from there i wanna put a new fuel rail injectors ingition module and fuel management system. i also wanna put all new suspension on it. ive been looking at different sites but im trying to find a site with quality but inexpensive parts. if u know of any please let me kno. much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
im not sure yet if i want it NA or not. but what is a good website to get performance parts from? im gunna start with an intake headers and full exhaust and cams. from there i wanna put a new fuel rail injectors ingition module and fuel management system. i also wanna put all new suspension on it. ive been looking at different sites but im trying to find a site with quality but inexpensive parts. if u know of any please let me kno. much appreciated
Just go from the the downpipes back headers are a waste of money unless you have nothing else left to do to get a real nice set of headers your gonna pay around 1k and the power you get from them isn't worth it I would stick to what noob said also there a DIY on vortex on how to make some good power from a mk3 VR for pretty cheep I'll lost the link when i get for my computer

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was looking at first putting an intake on however the stock intake has 2 vaccum lines running from it to the motor if i put an intake on where do i run these 2 vaccums??

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Plus a mk 4 head gasket that'll bring your compression down a bit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't forget things like coil, better plugs and wires and injectors.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Don't forget things like coil, better plugs and wires and injectors.
1 step colder will help a little if you have a few mods done. Cant upgrade the injectors unless you tune it for those injectors

Plus a mk 4 head gasket that'll bring your compression down a bit

You mean raise a bit =P

For what year are they cheap bro? Oh and did those window things work?
You can find em used and in the junkyard all day long

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
1 step colder will help a little if you have a few mods done. Cant upgrade the injectors unless you tune it for those injectors

You mean raise a bit =P

You can find em used and in the junkyard all day long
Yea you get what I'm sayin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts