Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a neuspeed CAI with a dry filter and all that good stuff, im really loving the set up except i can not find a heatshield to buy anywhere! i have a 07 jeta gli and there is a spot to let air in the engine bay (obvisouly you know that) and ive seen some DIY work for these heat shield wind box's whatever you wanna call them. but they never seem to look good if you know what i mean. ive seen a few pictures on here of nice plastic ones (cause i heard metal heats up) and i never can find out where to buy them. does anyone know of a website or maybe have template to make one or even knows somebody who makes them out of his garage! i really dont care where i just want a nice looking one that doesn't make my engine look like **** thats all. please help! thanks!

·
Registered
850 Posts
most neuspeeds come with it. if it doesnt:
1) return it and get one that does
2) make one yourself out of stainless or titanium

if u want great results, unless u are a great sheetmetal guy and u have all the brakes and everything, i'd stay away from fabricating
just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
14,473 Posts
Heatshields just seem like a waste of money honestly... Engine bay is going to get hot no matter what, having something to "shield" the heat is only going to last briefly, until the sheet itself gets hot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OOPS! i was completely wrong!! i ment to ask about a airbox! something that controls where the air enters and keeps the CAI cold. SORRY! im looking for something like on the BSH CAI,

URL:
http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/BHBSH-FSI-TSI

see how it has that airbox the filter sits in? is there anywhere i can get one of those? or i need to make one. and also does anyone know is that BSH comes with a dry flow filter? or if id have to buy one

·
Registered
187 Posts
thats like a heatshield and a airbox lol. umm well i guess your going to have make one or just keep looking for one. oh and yes you do need one i have a sri with no heatshield in my mk4 and you will loose mpg from all the hot air

·
Registered
1 Posts
OOPS! i was completely wrong!! i ment to ask about a airbox! something that controls where the air enters and keeps the CAI cold. SORRY! im looking for something like on the BSH CAI,

URL:
http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/BHBSH-FSI-TSI

see how it has that airbox the filter sits in? is there anywhere i can get one of those? or i need to make one. and also does anyone know is that BSH comes with a dry flow filter? or if id have to buy one

[teacher]

hey been looking for one myself i actually found a guy on like a yahoo queston forum or something that made one for a silverado or something if i can find the link ill post it, your going to laugh but wha he did was buy a 8 dollar waste basket from home depot and cut it down with a dremel tool and made it look just like the the true seal bsh not going to fit or seal like it but deff didnt look bad and if you buy the stuff to go around the cut parts like on the afe one youd think it was professional and not a diy.. hope that helped im thinking about trying it myself i mean if i f**ck up im only out 8 dollars..;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.