Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is for all you Jetta junkies that have that 2.0 slow like myself and wondering how to make it not so slow. I am a proud owner of my 3rd 2.0 and no offense to 1.8T or VR6 great engines; however I am a loyal owner of 2.0 and have decided to add little juice to it. I here proudly present my 2004 VW Jetta/Bora. Upgrade include following: NEUSPEED Supercharger with 2.6 inch pulley; Short P-FLO Air Intake, P-CHIP by NEUSPEED, Upper Strut Bar by NEUSPEED, Bilstein Sport Cup Kit 1.5 inch lowering all around, Cut back exhaust by ANSA Silverline, Hella headlights, new grill. Future upgrade coming soon will include: BBS RS Replicas by ESM 16 x 7.5 and 16 X 9 in black and silver lip, Sway bar by NEUSPEED, lower tie bar by NEUSPEED. Let me tell you this, it is not a GT killer; however there is a significant increase in power at least double. If you have never experienced real joy come around and take it for a drive and you will be convinced instantly. Enjoy. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I don't care what engine you have, if you spend the time and money to give it a little extra oomph I'm down with it. You should get it on a dyno and get some numbers. O0 How much boost does that provide?

·
125whp/125wtrq
2,077 Posts
:eek::smitten:

nice car, and good for you, for taking the plunge to buy the SC. every 2.0 owner wants one. i want one so bad but at the price its being sold at i dont want to spend that kind of money. if i ever found a cheap used one, i would pounce on it so fast the owner would think i stole it.

the only other alternative would be G60 but good luck finding a rado in a junkyard.

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
Love it! not a fan of the grill at all but whatev. another 2.0 owner woooo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all, I will get some numbers soon. Believe me I can't wait myself either, giving the fact that I have thrown all that money in it I would like to see what did I get for it, lol. I can tell you that driving it is simply unbelievable. The torque and power just keep coming all the way across the revs. Just least week I have installed the ANSA Silverline exhaust and that was just beautiful, it sounds very very nice. I live in sucky Kansas and there is not much where I am to dyno, I have to drive hours to get to it, but it's coming. I will try to upload a video of exhaust so you can hear it. If anyone is interested in installation pics from NEUSPEED SC I will post them with instructions. I have taken a pic of each step just in case you know, lol. Anyway, it was rather easy bolt on job, few little scratches on our heads with some hoses and throttle body had to be turned around 180, but other than that pretty easy. I have looked at the turbo kits, however one I am not that technically inclined for one and turbos require little more maintenance for which I don't have time or knowledge. My car has only 35K on it and I figured it was worth money to put in it, since I keep my rides fro some time. Before this I had MKIII Jetta great car by the way and New Bug which was a great car as well. Anyway all of those have had 2.0 slow in it and I had nothing but great luck with it. again thank you all for your comments and I will try to post some more pics. Keep in Jetting gus and girls see you around. Thank you.

v/r

VWanderer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, you would know brother. Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. Couldn't have done it with out you. Hope to see that Supper Bug rolling down the street next time, good luck.

v/r

A

1 - 11 of 11 Posts