Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this 1998 Jetta gl for free. I have basically been spending the last 3 years fixing it up. Right now I am looking at changing interior things. I HAAATTTTE the center consol the cup holders are stupid and useless. I call them sauce holders cause that’s the only thing there good for. I also wanna change up the stereo area can’t think of what to call it I wanna put in a touch screen deck in eventually and there’s no room for one. As far as the race car part I have an engine striped and ready to go to the shop when ever I have the money I also have a tranny that I want to rebuild. Where should I start. What’s the best way to go about enhancing my cars race car heart. I wanna do it right so I need to know what steps to take. Also since this is an intro post I will tell you about my car. My x got it for swapping out a truck box/bed I ended up getting it in the break up lol. Reverse didn’t work all all the running gear was basically shot. (Friend we got it from basically had it just to rally the **** out of it) interior was tan stained and just gross it had a black cloth seat and two leather front seats. Since I have had it I bought another one as a donor. I swapped all the interior from that donor (black interior) to my jetta. Also Swapped in another engine. And the tranny omg. It’s gone threw three including the original one. First one bad reverse gear. Second one I pulled out of a scrap yard..... guess what the reverse gear was bad. Then I bought the donor which had frame damage and a busted radiator but a good tranny (second gear slips) and engine. I also swapped rear axles drums new bearings all around struts. What should I do now. I also I use it for delivery apps as work so street legal suggestions please lol.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts