Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have had my gls for just under a year now. For the past year, I've been trying to decide whether or not to keep my jetta or trade it in for another subaru(my last car was a 00' subaru legacy gt). I just recently decided to keep my jetta. So, its finally about that time to start making some mods to it.
In my subaru, all I did was put borla headers, spt exhaust and intake, and it was a dream to drive. I realize that the jetta is a completely different beast.
What should I do to her to keep decent gas mileage, while making her a little quicker(around 140hp)? I really just want a fun, quick car. Nothing too fast.
I thank everyone in advance for your answers and patience. I don't know much when it comes to VW. I just always thought that a Champagne colored jetta looked amazing with BBS'. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree 100%. Before getting my jetta, I always heard of the importance of maintenance for german cars(all cars really, but especially german). I have the 97' 2.0 liter 4 cylinder. Completely stock. I just had the timing belt/water pump changed, I changed the oil myself, and got an alignment. Car has just under 126,000 original miles. 1 previous owner, still have the sticker from the dealership lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts