Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

New to VW, already learning the hard way....

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ulrickaka 
#1 ·
Needed to get a car for my daughter who will be dual enrolled in school. Good friend of mine is a VW nut, just rebuilt a Rabbit from nuts to bolts and should have it on the road this month...yes pics to come. Anyway, bought an 05.5 Jetta 2.5 and learning the hard way about the parts that fit and don't fit. Car was very clean inside and very nice on the outside although it is a rebuilt title. Already replaced all the switches on the inside as well as some handles. Tom said the engine was great and worth the price alone so I bought it. Only had it for 2 months hardly driven but it needs a new tranny since it slips. Had it checked out when had the fluid changed. Been pricing them out, one person I spoke to said the HRM's are not good, he has a KBV with low mileage that he can install and he has done them before. When I call around, am told that I should only replace with another HRM, hence the visit to here since I know you all know more than I ever will on this.

Thanks in advance!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.