Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO I WAS LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE ON MY 02 VW JETTA WAGON 1.8T (AUTOMATIC) I JUST BOUGHT FOR $1800 WITH 100,000 MILES.. SO I HAVING BEEN DOING SOME RESEARCH ON HOW TO MAKE MORE HP OUTTA MY 1.8T UP TO 300HP WITHOUT ANY BOOST OR TURBO I HAVE A SMALL FAMILY SO I WANNA HAVE A FAMILY CAR & SPORTS WAGON AT THE SAME TIME MY BUDGET IS $4000 ANY ADVICE PLEASE

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my Mk4 Jetta I have a Unitronic stage 2 tune, with 42DD downpipe, cold air intake, cold plugs, and new coilpacks. Makes 260-270hp ish. Biggest upgrade for HP is a tune. Overall those ran me about $3000 CAD, on a stock turbo and its pretty quick. If you're looking to make 300hp, you'll probably need to get a bigger turbo, intercooler, and upgrade your turbo inlet pipe, which is roughly around another $3000 CAD (my guess and depends who you go to to get installed).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[
On my Mk4 Jetta I have a Unitronic stage 2 tune, with 42DD downpipe, cold air intake, cold plugs, and new coilpacks. Makes 260-270hp ish. Biggest upgrade for HP is a tune. Overall those ran me about $3000 CAD, on a stock turbo and its pretty quick. If you're looking to make 300hp, you'll probably need to get a bigger turbo, intercooler, and upgrade your turbo inlet pipe, which is roughly around another $3000 CAD (my guess and depends who you go to to get installed).
="thakidmarsh, post: 537354, member: 147861"]
[/QUOTE]
147861 said:
OK THAT POWER IS DECENT (260-270) BUT WILL BE OK A AUTOMATIC?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[
="thakidmarsh, post: 537354, member: 147861"]
OK THAT POWER IS DECENT (260-270) BUT WILL THATS BE OK FOR A AUTOMATIC?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is a link to my first video in a series of a K04 swap. I have 11 videos out showing beginning to end the entire swap. This first episode could have been shot better I admit however the entire series is very helpful. DO NOT BUY THE HEADER I USED. That header is trash!!! I have a new video coming out showing how to deal with loose bolts and a better style header to use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a link to my first video in a series of a K04 swap. I have 11 videos out showing beginning to end the entire swap. This first episode could have been shot better I admit however the entire series is very helpful. DO NOT BUY THE HEADER I USED. That header is trash!!! I have a new video coming out showing how to deal with loose bolts and a better style header to use.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT IM ASKING! IM ASKING IF TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC CAN HANDLE 260 - 270 HP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts