Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Newbie to VW, i have an 08 Jetta and have a question

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jkmboler 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I am new to VW, and now I own a 2008 VW Jetta SE 2.5. Its a Certified Pre-Owned car, and that is the main reason for my questions below:

I purchased it with 38,600 miles, and now I have about 42,000. I fully intended on getting an oil change right when I got it, but never got to it. I need to get one now, and I need to know if I dont take it to the dealer, do I void my warranty in any way? I would do it myself, but I am unsure how much of a pain it will be, and dont have a lot of time to deal with it. I was not given an owners manual, and NO paperwork about the CPO coverage when I bought it. I am battling with the dealership to give me a manual but that is a different story. I looked around on some websites and nowhere could i find CPO coverage info.

**ONE THING: I noticed when you put the key in, and put it to ON, but not start the motor, some info shows up on the dash. Possibly about mileage left before next service needed? Since I dont have a manual, I dont know, but I am worried about jeprodizing my warranty coverage.

Thanks in advance for your help, and i look forward to tooling around this forum to find out all sorts of knowledge. Thanks again!!

See less See more
#2 ·
If u have warranty just take it to dealer...u should have free oil change also....when u have all warranty work the liability falls on the dealer. For example if u got an oil change at the dealer and u drove down the street and the engine blew up cuz of low oil or w.e....its all on dealer and they owe u a motor or car....warranty is a liability insurance

Sent from the Gates of Hell

#3 ·
^^^^ This.

The price for an oil change at the dealer here is the same as getting one done anywhere else in town. I'd just play it on the safe side and take it to the dealer. Ask the service rep about the CPO coverage, you might have better luck there than with the sales rep or GM.

#4 ·
You are not required to have oil changes done by a VW dealer.

You can take it to any shop that offers "warranty approved" oil changes (which is any name brand shop) like Jiffy Lube or what ever.

Just make sure you keep a record of your oil changes c/w mileage and date.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.