Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2005 Jetta 2.5 sedan, 5 speed.... Bought it not running, it jumped time. So we motor swapped it, complete gasket kit, swapped the intake, valve cover and all that. We've checked valves, none are collapsed, I have no loose rocker arms.... We bench tested the injectors, all sprayed perfectly.

I have a MAF/IAT sensor issue, (they are integrated together) replaced them twice plus the one off old motor. Nothing. so my husband's tried to resplice them with the plug, with gold plated connecters, one will work one day and the next they'll switch. We've done all the electrical testing, the voltmeter, ugh..... still haven't figured that out. Runs and drives, actually runs better then it did before.

But we can NOT GET THIS DANG TICK TO GO AWAY. It does it from start up, to shut down, clutch in or out, any RPM any gear, any climate, ALL THE TIME. It seriously sounds like something is seriously wrong and people are always looking crazy when I drive by. I have a video. Please help. Are all these issues tied in together?? You can not tell me that it's just loud injectors, because that's ridiculous! Nobody would ever believe me when I try to sell it. It won't let me upload the video. But it sounds like a diesel which I've read about BUT IT DEF ISNT. This is so annoying and frustrating trying to track down. We've used scopes, screwdrivers, dowels......

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I recently read a post associated with this question, my friend, I don't know if you can filter the posts in any way, I'm sure you would find a satisfactory answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts