Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

15561 - 15580 of 15602 Posts

·
Asshat Patrol
1,796 Posts
vr6 mk4 needs motor. new tires and supposedly tranny and clutch are good. $300, 2 hours away... If still available i might be leaving for it friday night.

·
Asshat Patrol
1,796 Posts
A VR just popped up in the classifieds here....

Sent from space through a satellite
Too much to hate on, those lights, those wheels and that body damage. I do want a project but eh. I've got my eye on a couple local(ish) mk2 and mk3's :p

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Too much to hate on, those lights, those wheels and that body damage. I do want a project but eh. I've got my eye on a couple local(ish) mk2 and mk3's :p
Whaat? Those projectors are nice, expensive AF too. OEM ones go for $1000+, reps are around $500+ if I remember right. I would say Privat kups are one of the nicer rep wheels out there too. Only things that bug me about that mk4 are the damage to the quarters and the cloth interior.

·
Asshat Patrol
1,796 Posts
Whaat? Those projectors are nice, expensive AF too. OEM ones go for $1000+, reps are around $500+ if I remember right. I would say Privat kups are one of the nicer rep wheels out there too. Only things that bug me about that mk4 are the damage to the quarters and the cloth interior.
I'm picky.. Well wife got a job, so hopefully in a few months we will have more money to toss around she is fully game for a vw again. Want to go to a couple of Shows this year as well

·
Super Moderator
13,665 Posts
Gosh, the new users are nice and it brings some life back into this forum but dang post in the correct section

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: Junkie approved...POST IT

im still around... a lot of **** has happened in the last forever....

whats new with car... still not much but utter maintenance catch up..

about 3 months ago i had to complete rebuild my front end on the mk4.... started with some how ripping the passenger side axle off at the transmission... i was able to get a buddy to put in on a lift and was able to take a look at every thing... my front end was basically holding on by the dub gods....so came the rebuild... i did the ECS Stage 3 Suspension Refresh along with the pass and driver side axle ...

blew a turbo coolant hose last summer doing 90mph in 100+ heat which drained coolant, and cuz i was driving so heavy i guess in just evapped all thee oil..... looked down, temp was through the rough and the tin mans can was flashing... after several cuss words and pulling off the freeway and after pulling the valve cover and looking, no major damage....

blew a tire doing 80 on the inside side wall... no damage to the body that god.. 4 new tires

Aux Water Pump Froze....lead me to do Aux Pump, the main water pump went out, pulled inspection cover off and low and be hold the timing belt has never been changed... i had cracks so big you could put a quarter in the crack and had wiggle room...

on the good news side of it though.... end of April my wife and i drove from the SF Bay Area to San Antonio TX 27hrs with no major issues other than my hoods T-Handle come off in my hands (easy fix) ..... but car did over 3k miles with no hesitation....

but ya im back at it.... got a new job, im working for a VW Dealer in sales making a hrly wage + commission... everything commission is hopefully going into the car... new wheels and coils this summer hopefully....

·
Super Moderator
13,665 Posts

im still around... a lot of **** has happened in the last forever....

whats new with car... still not much but utter maintenance catch up..

about 3 months ago i had to complete rebuild my front end on the mk4.... started with some how ripping the passenger side axle off at the transmission... i was able to get a buddy to put in on a lift and was able to take a look at every thing... my front end was basically holding on by the dub gods....so came the rebuild... i did the ECS Stage 3 Suspension Refresh along with the pass and driver side axle ...

blew a turbo coolant hose last summer doing 90mph in 100+ heat which drained coolant, and cuz i was driving so heavy i guess in just evapped all thee oil..... looked down, temp was through the rough and the tin mans can was flashing... after several cuss words and pulling off the freeway and after pulling the valve cover and looking, no major damage....

blew a tire doing 80 on the inside side wall... no damage to the body that god.. 4 new tires

Aux Water Pump Froze....lead me to do Aux Pump, the main water pump went out, pulled inspection cover off and low and be hold the timing belt has never been changed... i had cracks so big you could put a quarter in the crack and had wiggle room...

on the good news side of it though.... end of April my wife and i drove from the SF Bay Area to San Antonio TX 27hrs with no major issues other than my hoods T-Handle come off in my hands (easy fix) ..... but car did over 3k miles with no hesitation....

but ya im back at it.... got a new job, im working for a VW Dealer in sales making a hrly wage + commission... everything commission is hopefully going into the car... new wheels and coils this summer hopefully....
dang you've had some bad luck with the car, but glad to hear it's back running well for you, looking forward to the progress this summer

·
Registered
362 Posts

not really bad luck.... just full neglect on the previous owners part.... i thinking im finally got caught and starting to plan out my build... however there are no real builds out there on Jetta's for motorsport or canyon runner setups... its mostly stance boys.... i hate stance boys lol...

·
Registered
362 Posts

So Random Question....

is it possible, or has anyone know to have swapped a ECU from an MK1 Audi TT 1.8T into a MK4 Jetta?

ive been looking at doing the remap thats popular in Euro ( i mainly want it for the transmission remap) but if i can get away with all the gains....

·
Super Moderator
13,665 Posts

So Random Question....

is it possible, or has anyone know to have swapped a ECU from an MK1 Audi TT 1.8T into a MK4 Jetta?

ive been looking at doing the remap thats popular in Euro ( i mainly want it for the transmission remap) but if i can get away with all the gains....
I'm not sure about running it constantly but I do know of a guy that swapped a TT 1.8T into his Jetta to diagnose that his ECU was dead

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts

:coolsmiley:

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts

Wtf happened? Had to reset my password for both here and vortex.

15561 - 15580 of 15602 Posts