Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a thread where people can discuss their experiences with various VW online retailers.

Rules:
Post name of online retailer and describe what you bought and your experience. At the end of the description state whether or not you would recommend them.
Try to keep it clean please.

Once we get rolling, I will edit this top post with each retailer. For every "yes" recommendation, they will get one point. For every "no", they will get a negative point.

The official list of VW sites can be found here:
http://jettajunkie.com/vw-jetta/sho...bsites-393.html?t=393&highlight=official+list

RETAILERS:

034motorsports+2
42Draft Designs+2
56motorsports +1
AMI Motorsports+1-1
Auto Parts Online Canada +1
Autotech +3
AutopartsWay+1
BlackForestIndustries +7 -1
BoraParts +1-1
Bulletproof Speed Hardware +1
Concept1 +2
CustomEuropeanPlates -2
Dash Z Racing +1
DBCperformance+1
DiscountTireDirect+3
DNA Motorsports (eBay) -1
DubStop Imports +1-1
Dubtechnik -1
ECStuning +23 -4
Electrodyne+1
ESETuning-1
ESM wheels+1
Europlates.com+1 -2
EuropeanPlates.com+2
Eurojet Racing +1
Eurosport Design +1
Eurosport Tuning +1
Evolution Imports +1
GermanAutoParts +11-1
KEYSTONE INDUSTRIES +1
Metalnerd +1
MJMautohaus +6 -1
Motorsport-Tech +1
Neuspeed+1
North American Motorsports +1
NPG racing +3 -1
Optiwerks+2
Parts4vw +3
Partstrain.com+1
Performance Cafe-2
Raceland +1
Rpiequipped +2
Rokkor Tuning+1
Shinzo Werks +1
stratmosphere +2
Stubbyantenna.com +2
Techtonics Tuning+1
TMTuning +1 -4
UroTuning+2
WatercooledVWparts +2

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'll start first.

TMTuning

I ordered my German license plate from them. It was a really smooth transaction and they kept in touch really well, only problem was that it took a bit for me to recieve it since they're all the way across the ocean.

Yes, I would recommend them to fellow dubbers.

ECStuning

Ordered some Pentosin CHF power steering fluid. I actually didn't even end up using it as it was cheaper at the dealer (surprisingly) the fluid cost me $35 shipped from ECS, it was only $18 from the dealer. I tried to cancel my order, but everytime I called nobody answered.

No, I wouldn't recommend them.

Black Forest Industries

Ordered a stubby antenna. My experience was excellent. Recieved it within the week, and I got it at a discounted price for being a VWVortex member.

Yes, I would recommend them.

WatercooledVWparts.com

Ordered a lower grille from 'em. Ben is a really nice guy, gave me a discount for being an IA dubber. Shipping was pretty fast also.

Yes I'd recommend them.

GermanAutoparts.com

Ordered a thermostat housing. Pricing was absolutely great. Cheapest on the internet. Shipping was average, but who can argue with their prices?

Yes, I definitely would recommend them.

Shinzo Werks (shinzostore.com)

They don't sell parts, just stickers. bought my EDM>JDM and VeeDub Vixen stickers from them. I had a custom order (wanted them in purple of course!), and they were REALLY thorough in making sure everything was 100%. They even made the stickers and got me a shipping quote before actually having me pay. Recieved the stickers in about a week. Was really happy with the company, I would definitely order from them again... If I was really into stickers lol.

·
I think it'll work...
388 Posts
ECStuning

I've ordered a rear fog light kit, splash guards, a stubby antenna, and a couple maintenance items (oil filters, etc) from them. Shipping wasn't the fastest (from time of order to actual shipping date was about 3-4 days), but wasn't too bad. Prices can be higher than other places for most items.

Yes, I would recommend them... But only on the condition that you can't find it somewhere else for cheaper.

BlackForestIndustries

I've ordered a front upper strut stress bar and a front lower stress bar. Both items showed up with no problems. Pricing was good and their in-house products (both bars were BFI brand) are good quality and easy to install.

Yes, I would recommend ordering from them.

I haven't ordered from any of the other companies, but I would suggest adding MJMAutohaus (www.mjmautohaus.com) to the list:

MJMAutohaus

I've ordered Neuspeed Sport Springs, a 40k service kit, and a couple "dress-up" items from them. Orders ship directly from the manufacturer for some items (drop shipping), but all items were shipped quickly (1-2 days from order to ship) and prices are good. There are a lot of items that can be purchased in combination "kits" for further discounts and a lot of things offer free shipping.

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ECStuning

I've ordered a rear fog light kit, splash guards, a stubby antenna, and a couple maintenance items (oil filters, etc) from them. Shipping wasn't the fastest (from time of order to actual shipping date was about 3-4 days), but wasn't too bad. Prices can be higher than other places for most items.

Yes, I would recommend them... But only on the condition that you can't find it somewhere else for cheaper.

BlackForestIndustries

I've ordered a front upper strut stress bar and a front lower stress bar. Both items showed up with no problems. Pricing was good and their in-house products (both bars were BFI brand) are good quality and easy to install.

Yes, I would recommend ordering from them.

I haven't ordered from any of the other companies, but I would suggest adding MJMAutohaus (www.mjmautohaus.com) to the list:

MJMAutohaus

I've ordered Neuspeed Sport Springs, a 40k service kit, and a couple "dress-up" items from them. Orders ship directly from the manufacturer for some items (drop shipping), but all items were shipped quickly (1-2 days from order to ship) and prices are good. There are a lot of items that can be purchased in combination "kits" for further discounts and a lot of things offer free shipping.

Yep, I'm gonna add each company as someone writes a review! Thanks for the reply :)

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
www.autopartsonlinecanada.com
Too many parts to list, from electrical parts to axle boots...have spent well over $600 this year.
Deffinately recomend for any canadian

www.rpiequipped.com
single round headlight conversion kit, was very well packed and recieved within 5 days of purchase, also included tracking number
Highly recomend, they have canadian and American locations

www.germanautoparts.com
Whatever I couldn't buy from other sites they had..a little high in price due to the exchange rate, but actually called at no charge when a shipping error was made by them and recieved a discount/credit towards future items.
HIGHLY RECOMEND

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
http://parts4vw.com/
Huge selection. Cheap prices but no lack of quality, Reasonable, realistic shipping prices. carry items from all eras of VW and Audi. and free candy!
Highly Recommend

I know ill get bashed for this but hear me out...http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volkswagen/JettaBig selection, navigating the site was a trick at first. reasonable prices. They decided to wait a week to tell me what i wanted was not in stock, and it wasnt stated on their website that they were out. And charged my card anyways. I had to file a dispute with my bank to get my money back from the company. NOT impressed.
Not recommended

http://www.mjmautohaus.com/
I ordered my sport springs from them. fast shipping and tracking number. product was nicely packaged, no damage. reasonable prices and free shipping on TONS of items.
Highly recommended

http://autotech.com
i bought my CAI from them. Huge selection. Cheap prices, good quality products. good customer service. they were out of stock of the piping so they gave me free shipping, and called me to tell me when the order was processed, when it shipped, and when it was out for delivery.
Highly Recommended

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, guys! We're off to a good start.

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm everyone seems to be getting new stuff for their cars... Where are those reviews??

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
http://www.metalnerd.com/
bought
Electrical Connector Tool,
Rear Brake Reset Tool, and a
Exhaust Clamp Spring Spreader (because they are a PITA without)

Great products well crafted, shipping was a little slow for having an outlet store approximately 3 hours away(took 6 days shipped)..but would deffinately deal with again:)

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.metalnerd.com/
bought
Electrical Connector Tool,
Rear Brake Reset Tool, and a
Exhaust Clamp Spring Spreader (because they are a PITA without)

Great products well crafted, shipping was a little slow for having an outlet store approximately 3 hours away(took 6 days shipped)..but would deffinately deal with again:)
There we go :)

·
Box One Collective
1,666 Posts
NOT RECOMMENDED

AMI Motorsports (Canada)
http://www.amimotorsports.com/

I came across their site when searching forums about coilover kits. Prices seemed reasonable so I thought since they were in Canada and so am I, I could avoid the cross border thing. I should have known when my first inquiry went unanswered. I decided to order a set a taillights to see how the transaction would go before laying down the coin for coilovers. Well, the short of it is, I never received the taillights, none of my inquires regarding the order were answered, and I had to open a dispute through PayPal to have my money refunded. Total waste of my time.

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NOT RECOMMENDED

AMI Motorsports (Canada)
http://www.amimotorsports.com/

I came across their site when searching forums about coilover kits. Prices seemed reasonable so I thought since they were in Canada and so am I, I could avoid the cross border thing. I should have known when my first inquiry went unanswered. I decided to order a set a taillights to see how the transaction would go before laying down the coin for coilovers. Well, the short of it is, I never received the taillights, none of my inquires regarding the order were answered, and I had to open a dispute through PayPal to have my money refunded. Total waste of my time.
Yuck, sorry to hear about that! Hope you get your money back.

·
Registered
850 Posts
ECS tuning +1

bought:

- stubby antenna
- fuel filter
- dip stick
- spark plugs
- breather hose

Super fast shipping, decent price and quality. Highly recommended.

GERMAN AUTOPARTS - GAP +1

bought

- green coolant temp sensor
- thermostat

fast shipping, quality stuff and the lowest price on OEM items around. Highly recommended.

Hey vicky, great idea lol Make this thread a sticky.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
German Auto Parts + 25? lol everything I've purchased from them has been great, plus awesome customer service. I can't speak for shipping because they're located down the street from me. Great prices, things always in stock.

ECS - Always recomended. Sometimes pricy. Quick shipping.

Black Forest Industries - Wouldn't reccomend to ANYONE.

Got a half broken, half incomplete boost gauge/pod kit. Didn't come with compression fitting... tubing was all shattered... no directions included, broken tee, etc etc. Emailed them, told me their ''kit'' didn't include everything necessary ''anymore''.

Got a dead green top coolant temperature sensor from them. Emailed them. Told me to send it back for testing, but I'd be responsible for return shipping, and then shipping of a new, working sensor.

Purchased a stubby antenna.... Seems like a simple order, right? Aparently not, because it didn't include the threaded fitting to attach the new antenna to the car. I didn't bother emailing them...

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dubtechnik

As most of you already know, ordered votex/337 replica sideskirts from them. Price was good and that's about it. Shipping took almost 3 weeks to get here, then on top of that one sideskirt doesn't even ****ing fit. After contacting the company they give me some bullshit excause that "one side of the car is actually longer than the other" of course I smell bullshit so I get measurments of the car and each sideskirt and let them know. Now they have cut off communication with me and I'm stuck with one nice sideskirt that fits and one that's a floppy dickhole and doesn't fit.

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS, THEY ARE A JOKE OF A COMPANY.

·
I think it'll work...
388 Posts
^^

That sucks... and their explanation is lame. If one side of the car were shorter, the car would not drive in a straight line. Hopefully they will get back to you and fix the situation.

I've been reading good and bad things about them... Most people say that they do not respond to phone or e-mail very well at all. You might try to message Mike (supposedly that is the guy's name) on VWVortex - username Dubtechnik - Some say that he responds to IMs there better than anything.http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerouser?cmd=viewprofile&id=118764

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^

That sucks... and their explanation is lame. If one side of the car were shorter, the car would not drive in a straight line. Hopefully they will get back to you and fix the situation.

I've been reading good and bad things about them... Most people say that they do not respond to phone or e-mail very well at all. You might try to message Mike (supposedly that is the guy's name) on VWVortex - username Dubtechnik - Some say that he responds to IMs there better than anything.
He's the one I've been talking to haha.

·
Registered
761 Posts
ECStuning - Recommend

Spark Plugs
Wires
KVW100
Coolant Temp Sensor

Very Fast shipping and good customer service. will order from them again.

·
Jetta TDI
2,109 Posts
Eurosport Design: Ordered my JOM Badgeless grill from here. Reasonable price and decent shipping.

Recomend Them:)
http://www.eurosportdesign.com/default.aspx?

Stubbyantenna.com:
Ordered my antenna from here reasonable price and fast shipping.

Recommend Them:)

Dash Z Racing: Just ordered my headlights yesterday. Good price, shipping was average just have to wait and see how long it takes. Says about 3-4 business days so we will see.

http://www.dashzracing.com/

Shawn

1 - 20 of 184 Posts