Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here.
Only have had my 2000 Jetta 2.slow for a couple of weeks.
The brake lights were working fine but this morning I noticed they weren't working. I when and got a new switch (green 4-pin) and that didnt do anything.
I've been playing with it a bit and figured out if I remove both brake light bulbs the 3rd brake light works. But as soon as I insert one bulb into either side it quits working. What could be causing this? Please help. This is my daily and I need the brake lights to work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First post here.
Only have had my 2000 Jetta 2.slow for a couple of weeks.
The brake lights were working fine but this morning I noticed they weren't working. I when and got a new switch (green 4-pin) and that didnt do anything.
I've been playing with it a bit and figured out if I remove both brake light bulbs the 3rd brake light works. But as soon as I insert one bulb into either side it quits working. What could be causing this? Please help. This is my daily and I need the brake lights to work.
Sure sounds like you have the wrong switch or a defective one at best. I would return that one and try another one. go with an o.e. part more money but worth it. several places online to buy from I personally use vwpartsprime.com for all my parts their cheaper than most.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts