Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 MK3 GLS Jetta with the 2.0L ABA. 194K
I've been doing a lot of research and come to the conclusion that I may have a bad relay that's shutting my car off at random. Most commonly while idling at a red light. Usually I'm warned only a few seconds ahead of time by the engine; which seems to idle a little weirdly just before, and a distinct click(Like a Relay) sound followed by the engine stopping without hesitation.

Afterwards, it will turn over, but lacks any spark. I haven't checked the fuel status.
There are two remedies. Either I leave it alone for 10-ish minutes, or I find a few volunteers or a hill to bump start it. Which has thus far worked each time.

I've looked at the relay/fuse panel, and from a little gleaning, I assumed I could just replace the 109 relay.
Except I don't have one.
I'm guessing a possible gremlin has gone through and wired a few things differently, but I could sure use some help figuring how and why. Or maybe if I can just pop a 109 relay in there.
Picture attached 20150915_091935.jpg of my panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I may possibly have important information on my problem. Although, not sure.
When I first got the car, someone had done a security bypass on it. I plugged the terminals in normally when I found this out. Everything worked once I did this. So, I was baffled as to why someone bypassed the security. Is it possible my security module is faulty and would shut my car off at random?

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Your best bet is to sell herBro
Alright, I don't get the joke here but all of your comments have been useless, I get it if your actually helpful 95% of the time but it's been every post now, scrap the car or sell it, either be helpful and contribute or don't post, this is not vortex or mk4 kids childish bs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For now, I believe my issue stems from a failing Crank Position Sensor. Will replace soon and come back to confirm.

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
BUy a new car, LOL
You have a temporary ban, you didn't get the hint that your responses in threads of people actually looking for help were pointless and childish, so grow up and if you don't want to be a productive member next time you'll get a permanent ban

1 - 5 of 5 Posts