Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all ive got a 92 jetta 1.8 heres thing car had no problems with driving till i replaced the cv axles now i seem to shutter seize and die when trying to go into first from a stop once im moving im fine ever other gear works great its almost like car looses power not so much that it wont go into gear any ideas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all ive got a 92 jetta 1.8 heres thing car had no problems with driving till i replaced the cv axles now i seem to shutter seize and die when trying to go into first from a stop once im moving im fine ever other gear works great its almost like car looses power not so much that it wont go into gear any ideas
It does this while stopped or while starting to move? Big difference. Your post is vague and contradictory. You said you are having an issue 'trying to go into first from a stop once im moving im fine', then you say 'car looses power not so much that it wont go into gear'. Maybe this is the reason you havent gotten any replies.
The problem started when you worked on the car- did you double check your work? Maybe you touched something or disconnected something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts