Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am about to purchase a 2002 Jetta GL and was wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether it's worth it to get the Carfax report? I'm a student and was hoping to not pay an extra $40 but it says there are 26 records so I'm a little worried... or does anyone have a subscription to Carfax or VinCheck and would be willing to look it up? The VIN is 3VWRK69M92M014552 .

Thanks so much!!!

:)

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Carfax is crap not everything is reported on it and some of them have wrong information

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Asshat Patrol
1,796 Posts
Could be just simple things as everyone else has said like oil changes, wiper changes, inspections/emissions and so on and so forth. Just buy it and slam it ;)

·
Banned
541 Posts
Dont "Just buy it", if your not very mechanically inclined, take a friend who is, or even a mechanic, these cars are known to have some problems if not maintained properly, go over everything. I think there is a buyers guide/check list somewhere on this forum, read it over it'll give you some info on things you might not even think to check. But besides that, if it runs good jump at it you wont regret it, these cars are a blast to drive, small and agile, and can have power out the ass. Not to mention how beautiful MK4's are, give us some info if you buy it, ie: engine, tranny, mileage, plans

1 - 5 of 5 Posts