Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on here for a while, getting tons of great info and input. So I decided to show you where I'm applying it too. I got my self a 2001 Jetta 1.8t (AWD) in Bright Green. Got it for 4,100(Talked the guy down from 6k) with 96k miles on her. I had never drove a boosted car so I was kinda hesitent with such a small engine(I drove a Aveo for a while, with a 2.0, thing was SLOW) but once I pulled out of the parking lot I floored it and was instantly sold.
2013-01-19 15.26.45.jpg
The day I brought her home, I was missing the lower valence and two of my lower grilles.

2013-02-10 13.41.11.jpg

I then realized the beast that is within and started putting $ into her

2013-02-10 13.41.29.jpg
Got her some new tires, and my 2.5" magnaflow cat back from TNT performance exhaust.

2013-02-13 14.10.18.jpg
Then like the dumba$$ I am I rear ended a ford windstar and did this(only put like a 1ft crack in the van)

And this is how she currently sits

2013-03-13 17.54.45.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2013-03-13 17.53.05.jpg 2013-03-13 17.55.08.jpg 2013-03-13 17.54.45.jpg 2013-03-13 17.54.32.jpg 2013-03-13 17.54.00.jpg
Not stanced (yet) but tinted all the lights except the headlights, tinted my windows 15% in the front, 5% on the rest

Plans:
-3" downpipe
-Audi 606 18x8 reps from powerwheelspro and Wheel spacers
-Eibach sport springs/bilstein Shocks
-Gonzo Stage2+ tune
-R1 DV
-Forge TIP
-Godspeed FMIC
-APR pulleys
-Interior Swap/make over (I WANT BLACK!!!)
-Paint White or Silver

·
Registered
205 Posts
APR pulleys? Sorry, we don't make those. We only offer this for the B8 S4/S5. However, ECS should be able to help you out.

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So she reached 107k miles today,right when i got home actually. So it looks like maintenance is coming soon. I also tried to install a new head unit and blew a fuses, so i stopped and decided to just get a whole system. I'm going to get a 10" kicker or kenwood, and amp, with my sony head unit. Ill put up some pictures when it's finished.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i would get coilovers instead of shocks and springs, checkout the rokkors, they're pretty solid and u'll end up spending about the same $

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Yeah, I had meant to change it after I did more research. I also want aristos, although I might pick up some longbeaches for 120 if there still there when I get paid. Some GLI tails, crystal fender markers, and some retrofits
Sounds like some good plans, only thing is the rear needs a cut out for the exhaust or just leave it turned down

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like some good plans, only thing is the rear needs a cut out for the exhaust or just leave it turned down

Yeah, i want to get the valance with the cut out an put a dual tip, i was going to point them down like oe but the shop didnt have the right tips

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not much of a fan of the grille or tails but solid plans :thumbup:
Whats the best way to remove lens tint, got pulled over the other day and the cop got me for everything he could, speeding, tail lights, and have 2 people in my car under 21 with just my provisional, This cop was more of a di*k than the one that arrested me

·
Keep'em Hammered
856 Posts
whats your idea behind getting 18x8 wheels?

cause i made this mistake once when i purchased 18x8 and wished i've gotten 17xsomething wider than 8.5

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whats your idea behind getting 18x8 wheels?

cause i made this mistake once when i purchased 18x8 and wished i've gotten 17xsomething wider than 8.5
I like 18 because it really feels the wheel well, love the way aristos look. I also dont plan on going real low, or getting a whole lot of poke. I want my tires slightly tucked, with no stretch so i dont need real wide wheels

·
Keep'em Hammered
856 Posts
word. that sounds like a plan that will work for you ;)
I like 18 because it really feels the wheel well, love the way aristos look. I also dont plan on going real low, or getting a whole lot of poke. I want my tires slightly tucked, with no stretch so i dont need real wide wheels

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
188 Posts
So I think I might pick this up http://www.carid.com/2001-volkswagen-jetta-suspension-systems/eibach-sport-lowering-kit-7609651.html I know, every one is going to tell me buy coilovers, but I dont plan on going real low, 1.8'' is enough for me, and definitely pushing it for the roads of Albuquerque. I want a more performace oriented car, the good looking stuff can come later. Its a entire kit for the price I would spend on coils, the added endlinks, Shocks and Sway Bars are just a plus
What coils where you looking at? Rokkors and Racelands run about $350-400 shipped right to your front door, leaving you with more than enough money to get endlinks, front and rear sway bars. At least that way you have the option to go lower if down the road you think 1.8" was not enough of a drop after all. Just food for thought...

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
So I think I might pick this up http://www.carid.com/2001-volkswagen-jetta-suspension-systems/eibach-sport-lowering-kit-7609651.html I know, every one is going to tell me buy coilovers, but I dont plan on going real low, 1.8'' is enough for me, and definitely pushing it for the roads of Albuquerque. I want a more performace oriented car, the good looking stuff can come later. Its a entire kit for the price I would spend on coils, the added endlinks, Shocks and Sway Bars are just a plus
You'll still need to drop another couple hundred on struts and soon enough you'll want to go lower trust me I made the mistake of buying lowering springs first

1 - 20 of 184 Posts