Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've searched for hours and i cant seem to find someone who has had this same problem. I was installing an aftermarket head unit, i wired the harness's together and test it before putting it all back together. As i slide the unit into the dash, it flickers on and off two or three times, and then off completely. My old unit doesnt even work, nothing is working at all. What could this be? I checked the fuses none were burnt but i changed them anyway.

·
Registered
890 Posts
im no car guy,it was just my inner trouble shooter asking questions. From what you have said, its a car side issue fried wire somewhere burnt fuse you havent checked. i would go over it again and look up pictures of how everything is supposed to look but i have no advice beyond just asking question. sorry.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Check for burnt up or touching wires around the harness. Sometimes when working back there the wires become frail and break or if the rubber has worn two wires might just be touching. Take the bottom half of the dash apart and check all the wiring. It's really easy to come out. I've done it to many times.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
If you have a voltmeter, check your constant power wire and the ignition wire with the key on to see if there is power, and then check your ground or run your own ground. You could always run your own constant power wire from the battery or fuse panel. I usually wire those 3 first and check if the deck works before moving onto the speaker wires. If your wires grounded out, it should blow a fuse before fraying a wire.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Running your own power to the head unit is easy. If it comes down to it run it to the 75x under the fuse panel. Screw it in place and it still runs with your ignition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts