Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am now in on repairing my car at about $700, and that is not going to a shop to get it done. A buddy and I replaced the fuel pump via diagnostics. Not even a day later the CEL light was on. Thought nothing of it. Went to fill up my car and fuel gushed out of a source. Come to find out it was my fuel pump area under my seat. Good god it was not in the actual car, the gasket somehow leaked throught. Had my friend help put it back on. Continuously for a few days there has been a foul fuel odor coming from that area, and the CEL light is on. I thought it was the gasket between the tank and the pump, or the fuel relay. Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you so much!:eek::eek::eek:

·
Asshat Patrol
1,796 Posts
vagcom and see what the CEL is. Replace the fuel filter when you did your fuel pump??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply... I did replace the filter... and what is vagcom? Is that the thing they have at autozone and such? Much thanks:confused:

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Thanks for the reply... I did replace the filter... and what is vagcom? Is that the thing they have at autozone and such? Much thanks:confused:
Naa that's an obd2 scanner vagcom is much more advanced but you can get them to scan it at autozone or whatever and get the codes and bring them back to figure out what's wrong

Sent from space through a satellite

1 - 4 of 4 Posts