Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Rev limit trouble!!!

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  3rdgenKen 
#1 ·
Please help!!!
I have a 1996 ABA 2.0 Jetta
I have LITERALY tried everything possible to get my rev limter from coming on at 5k RPM. I recently installed a cpu chip from a repudtable tuning company with a 6,800 rev limit and I still have the same issue, so far with my trouble shooting I have: checked and rechecked all of my timing marks, cleaned all engine harness connections, ground terminals, vacuume lines, ran premium fuel, installed a better flowing air filter housing, replaced my plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, new cam positioning sensor, cleaned my throttle body and mass air sensor replaced my impulse sensor (speed sensor) and replaced my Intire ECU itsself, non of this has helped, if anyone has advise on something I have missed I would greatly appreciate it

#3 ·
I'm trying to get it to rev past 5k, but as soon as soon as it gets just past the 5100 make it bucks and backfires rather violently, I know that there isn't much power up there, but I'm planing on puting a cam/ stiffer springs in the car, but before I spend the money I want to know the engine is running at its full potential. the wired part is sometimes it doesn't do it, but I'd say 95% of the time it does, the only two parts I have not replaced are the MAF and distributor, but from what I've read those parts either work or they don't not on again off again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.