Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
JettaJunkie Infant..lol
2,608 Posts
i was rubbin, but i fixed that with a lil ******* bumper trim lol. still looks good, and still real close, but no rubbin :)

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
OMG i love you for this thread! this is what vws are all about ha. I dont have any pics but i will try and get some. Does fender liner count too? because mine are THRASHED. ;D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see any pictures............... :)

I don't see any reason to rule out fender liners :)

·
Cowboy
4,826 Posts
my car is not low enough to rub...grr!!! i want it to as weird as that sounds hahaha

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
So im not actually HAPPY with my rubbing, its affecting my turn radius. I think its a combo of not having a proper alignment (that i dont wanna pay for :/ 100 bucks!!!) and the wheel well liner, so maybe someone can help.

as you can see, i cut some out alrready, but it wasnt enough. i cut out that spike a right after i took this pictures, i think it will help. Do i just need smaller tires or what lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
So im not actually HAPPY with my rubbing, its affecting my turn radius. I think its a combo of not having a proper alignment (that i dont wanna pay for :/ 100 bucks!!!) and the wheel well liner, so maybe someone can help.

as you can see, i cut some out alrready, but it wasnt enough. i cut out that spike a right after i took this pictures, i think it will help. Do i just need smaller tires or what lol
[wtf]
Umm, must have lowered the car and not had it aligned afterwords? BAD, your caster/camber is WAY off... Prob toe's off also, way off. Or, just new tires or something? If so, you've got suspension problems.

Driving like that is moronic, and I hope when you shread a tire and it rips off the fender. If when the tire shreads you hurt someone else, I hope you end up homeless.

~Nate (alignment/undercar tech)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Umm, must have lowered the car and not had it aligned afterwords? BAD, your caster/camber is WAY off... Prob toe's off also, way off. Or, just new tires or something? If so, you've got suspension problems.
I'm curious to know how you can judge the caster on this car from the photograph of the tire.

Driving like that is moronic, and I hope when you shread a tire and it rips off the fender. If when the tire shreads you hurt someone else, I hope you end up homeless. ~Nate (alignment/undercar tech)
Nate, I don't think he's doing it on purpose. Maybe some helpful advice instead of hate.

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
[wtf]

Driving like that is moronic, and I hope when you shread a tire and it rips off the fender. If when the tire shreads you hurt someone else, I hope you end up homeless.

~Nate (alignment/undercar tech)
YOBROIMSODOINGTHISONPURPOSEILOVERUBBINITZTHEONLYWAYTOGOZ

I really don't see how being an a$$ about the whole situation will make anyone listen to you. You could have simply said "your alignment is causing the problem, you should get it fixed before you get a flat or your wheel well liner rips off or something."

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
lol...he belongs on vortex.
yeah...being a douche bag won't make people think your cool on this site, just an FYI for new members lol

·
You can call me God
719 Posts
So not a jetta but hey it's rubbin lol. Makes a HORRIBLE grinding noise any time I cut the wheel to hard. Tires also WAY out of align tires wear unevenly on the inside. Hope I dont get wished homeless bc of this lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 74 Posts