Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Haven't been here in a while, but I have an issue I need to address. I get into my car (01' GLX) last night and I couldn't pull the seat belt out enough to go around my body, so I gave it a tug. The belt was then released, however, the belt then wouldn't retract. I drove home with the belt dangling down to my knees. I looked online for a replacement retractor, but this item (The part # I came up with is 1J4857705LHCP) is no longer available. I looked on eBay, found a used one, but it was rather pricey. I was contemplating selling the car recently so I don't wish to put too much money into it. Is there something I could do to get this retractor working again? I've never had such an issue before.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys,

Haven't been here in a while, but I have an issue I need to address. I get into my car (01' GLX) last night and I couldn't pull the seat belt out enough to go around my body, so I gave it a tug. The belt was then released, however, the belt then wouldn't retract. I drove home with the belt dangling down to my knees. I looked online for a replacement retractor, but this item (The part # I came up with is 1J4857705LHCP) is no longer available. I looked on eBay, found a used one, but it was rather pricey. I was contemplating selling the car recently so I don't wish to put too much money into it. Is there something I could do to get this retractor working again? I've never had such an issue before.

Thanks!
Eh seat belts are over rated ....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, its broken so why not try pulling it apart to see if it can be fixed. Can't make it any worse then it is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts