Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cowboy
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wooo! I;m sooo happy, I got my baby back. I had to replace the rack and pinion. Since it was a refurbished one i have to get a hardcore alignment....the wheels are facing outward so iono what way to turn the steeering wheel ha.......I also had to replace my 02 sensors....so I haven't had it for like a week and a half. I finally get to drive it again!! [woo]

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Good to hear...hope your lucks changed now

·
Registered
25 Posts
So glad to hear it! I read your thread the other day, and darkness seemed to be following you. Glad to hear that the rack and pinion with the o2 sensors was the light at the end of your tunnel. Great!!!

Good luck, and gratz! enjoy your ride

·
Cowboy
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all!!

I can really notice the difference with the new 02 sensors, It doesn't lag on the acceleration.....and well I did a new alignment for the rack and pinion but it still goes to the left like hardcore. The steering wheel is straight and so are the tires but it still seems to throw the steering wheel to the left.....

My brother thinks that the last owner might have take off the steering wheel and once he put it back on he put it straight but the tires were a little bit off to the side

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah dude, I would be bitching up a storm over that. If your car doesn't go straight after a "real" alignment, then they didn't do it right, or completely.

I've seen garages literally hold a wheel so the computer is in spec. then they print the results let the wheel go and there goes your alignment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts