Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short my buddy gave me a set of actually pretty nice wheels cuz they were sitting in the garage in need of 4 tires and he just bought new wheels so I got a freebie . Bought 4 new tires Mounted and balanced them searched for somewhere local for lugs that fit ( they need the real skinny lugs ) finally found somewhere and dang wheels don't fit lol guess that's what I get for assuming ( most universal 5 lug wheels I've seen are usually 5x100 and 5x114 but not my luck ) so I bought adapters to fit them up ( there on the way ) problem is I have no choice but to put them on cuz I'm on beat tires in all four corners right now and my brothers not coming down for another month and a half and he's gonna be trading me his wheels which are only 7.5 wide .

Now for my questions
Heres my specs
18x8.5 et 35 ( says that on the back of the wheel I did my own measurement and came up with 45 so I probly measured wrong lol )
Adapters 1 inch ( aprox. 25mm )
Car is lowered on springs ( not sure of brand bought it with them on ) but its not low at all iI got about an inch and a half of wheel gap sitting on 17x7 Monte carlos

So if I'm not mistaking that will put my et at 10 correct ?

So final would be
18x8.5 et 10 ??

Anyone have pics of this In all 4 corners ? I have searched and found lots running this In the front but have seen wider wheels in rear with did offset . Can't seem to find this setup in the rear.

How bad is my stance gonna be for a month ?:(

Now kids remember I guess free doesn't always mean nice or easy hahahaha

I tired to be as specific as possible any help is muchly appreciated pics are deffinately a plus !! I don't mind pulling and rolling my fenders but I have a feeling that's not gonna cut it lol

Also I have full fk coil over setup but tthat's at a friends house but wanted to wait to out them on until I got my poly control arm bushings so I could do it all at once .

Sorry for the long thread just trying to be specific as possible

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
et10 is crap if your putting it on meaty tires but, if your just on springs and you plan to get rid of the wheels, does it matter? its just a "to get around" fitment until you change it up. your not gonna really have rubbing issues unless your lowered

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
225/40/18 ..... it all depends my brother wants to see them in person first so I might end up stuck with them ... I mean there a nice wheel just gotta figure out how to fit them if I do get stuck with them lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Adapters and wheels are on . Rear is perfect . Front has some poke but new adapters are on the way . Now I just need to get rid of my vibration. I know its not the wheels or adapters everything is hub centric and has been torqued and re torqued. And I have balanced the wheels multiple times and had no bends or anything

The vibration is at 40-80mph wheel shake at cruising any 1/8 throttle
Let of the throttle vibration stops .
Give it 1/4 throttle the vibration stops
Its only when your try in to cruise at a steady pace down the highway
I can't figure it out its driving me crazy ( I think I may have broke something when I did my burn out on my old wheels right before I switched them out ) oops lol any ideas?
Could it be my control arm bushings doing all this ?
Now just three hours prior with my Monte Carlos on I could do triple didgets with no shake or vibration what so ever so I really think I broke something urg. See what happens when I beat on her for once .:( any input muchly appriciated! !

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
if youve narrowed it down to which wheel is making the vibration, take it off and put on your stock wheel on and see if the vibration goes away

1 - 11 of 11 Posts