Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Keep'em Hammered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[UPDATE] i have stock 15" wheels. what size spacers look best for this configuration?
right now i have about 2 inches left in gap from tire to fender. thinking about lowering car this friday...
would i be better off to leave it as is? will it look more aggressive or not? let me know. im thinking of getting some spacers here soon if its worth with stock rims.

also im thinking of buying a set of 16" wolfburg bbs' for my 2.0 for 400obo...
should i take this deal?? 205/55 16

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
i have stock 15" wheels. what size spacers look best for this configuration?
right now i have about 2 inches left in gap from tire to fender. thinking about lowering car this friday...
would i be better off to leave it as is? will it look more aggressive or not? let me know. im thinking of getting some spacers here soon if its worth with stock rims.
personally i dont think its worth the stock wheels. go low and save your money for some nice shoes.

·
rollin deep
1,166 Posts
depends on the vehicle... anything mk3 or older you may be able to pull off 15's if your low...
mk4's you need to rock balloons on 15s to fill the wheel well

·
7,193 Posts
depends on the vehicle... anything mk3 or older you may be able to pull off 15's if your low...
mk4's you need to rock balloons on 15s to fill the wheel well
personally i dont think its worth the stock wheels. go low and save your money for some nice shoes.

wait...did i say that already?

·
Keep'em Hammered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now im not familiar with the balloon term. is that when the edge of the tire is naturally made rounded instead of... square like? kinda like the stocks...

·
7,193 Posts
now im not familiar with the balloon term. is that when the edge of the tire is naturally made rounded instead of... square like? kinda like the stocks...
no i think he meant youd just need pretty monster tires to fill up the wheel gap on 15s WITHOUT drop. If you drop the car, just rock your stockers as is and just save your cash for something good. then if you need spacers make the decision then.

·
Keep'em Hammered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm more into a 50 aspect ratio or less don't really like big tires. I bearly like my stocks but lowering will surely fix that

·
7,193 Posts
I think I'm more into a 50 aspect ratio or less don't really like big tires. I bearly like my stocks but lowering will surely fix that
no youll still hate them. so wasting your money on spacers seems dumb doesnt it? ha

·
rollin deep
1,166 Posts
unless he keeps to 5x100 on the next set he gets. then he can re-use the spacers.. and its not like spacers are to hard to sell.

·
7,193 Posts
unless he keeps to 5x100 on the next set he gets. then he can re-use the spacers.. and its not like spacers are to hard to sell.
go ahead glorify your stock 15s then ha

·
7,193 Posts
18s in the rear, 10s in the front is about where you should be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can measure the distance between wheels and fenders to determine what thickness of wheel spacers to install.
I had BONOSS wheel spacers 20mm on my car for almost 21,000 miles, with no issues whatsoever. Maybe you can try what I installed.

They have aluminum alloy 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 options. 7075-T6 will be more expensive but better in quality. In fact, 6065-T6 is good enough. Its tensile strength, yield strength and elongation can support our normal use. And its lugs are grade T10, studs are forged grade 12.9.

If you need it in the future, this is their case article.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts