Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I ordered my SPM Front mount Intercooler Kit from https://www.esetuning.com/. at an amazing price of $532 + free Shipping. Dave from ESETuning took my order and was really helpful and Specially Jeff From SPM which gave me all details of the Kit and even helped me with questions regarding the install.

The kit http://www.drivespm.com/product-p/ic10-400z-kn10-00.htm is nicely build, core size is 31 x 2 x 10 and 2" piping, it comes with everything you need and i love the Cold-rolled steel replacement bumper support to replace the Stock Rebar, the clamps and silicone couplings are from good quality.

Here is a pic of the Kit out of the box (the TIP + TB hose which i also ordered from SPM directly was $189 total) and they just sent everything in one box.

The Install is fairly easy and i would say the hardest part is connecting the Driver side U pipe, Use a dremel to cut the plastic Guard.

Note here that I had a rough time installing the upper Hotside pipe, this is because the stock airbox makes the TIP sit higher than if you had a CAI or Short Ram, by making the TIP sit higher you gotta make sure that DV leans forward and not backwards (which will cause the TIP to close down a bit)

The rebar was fairly easy to mount I only did the 4 big bolts, but i bet if you have an extra person you can get to fit the smaller screws in, in my case it was just me.

Trimming of the bumper is minimum I still have to do some in mine but it fits perfect.

Whenever i get some free time ill do the trimming and take some pics of the places you need to trim, but its fairly easy to figure them out.

Now this is really important for all of you out there, the MAP sensor Flange that comes with the kit is for the Older (wide 18mm MAP sensor), my car came with the Newer version 12mm** sorry i dont have the part numbers ** The best solution was just buying a old 18mm MAP sensor, some people have gotten away with making a rubber gasket but i do not recommend that for the long run, since it would lead to boost leaks.

Here is side to side the 18mm vs 12mm MAP sensor respectively.

Rating wise i would say this is the BEST bang for your $$$$ out there. Quality is excellent and customer service was one of the best i had in the longest time making the delivery in less than 3 days made me super happy.

Performance rating depends on the mods you are already running here is my current setup:
-Unitronic Stage 2
-k&n Drop in filter
-42 Draft Designs Turbo Back with test pipe and resonated.
-ECS dogbone mount
-ngk sparkplugs
-New South Performance Boost gauge
-Bolt down Coilpacks
-034 motorsports PCV kit... (mehhh)
and now the SPM FMIC..

I see a drop of about 2 psi which is okay in my standards, the gain from cooler air shadows that PSI drop, before i was hitting peaks of 22 psi and now i stand around 20PSI.

Many people say there will be lag using such a "big core" with the k03s but i really don't feel a big difference, now to the fun part... I did notice that im getting around ~3 to ~4 MPG more when doing my trip back to school (200 miles).

Living in Florida it suckssss to have the stock SMIC if you are running higher boost levels, heatstroke was a familiar feeling. Even on 80F weather with the FMIC i can say I feel as i was driving when there was a cold front and even more fun is the fact that after a couple of pulls testing for Leaks i didn't feel any heatstroke whatsoever.

I recommend this kit 100% and with the current prices SPM is offering its a nice deal.

Again Thanks to Jeff from SPM and Dave from Esetuning for their awesome customer service, Keep it up.

any questions feel free to ask or shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!! ive been out in the market for a FMIC and i was about to pull the trigger on the godspeed kit, till i found this for $532... also got a TB silicon hose for $65 and a TIP for $110. hopefully ill get my TIP going and dyno the damn car. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks guys!! ive been out in the market for a FMIC and i was about to pull the trigger on the godspeed kit, till i found this for $532... also got a TB silicon hose for $65 and a TIP for $110. hopefully ill get my TIP going and dyno the damn car. :D
Definitely keep us updated man, you got me wanting to sell my front mount just to upgrade to that kit ha! :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wish i could hook up my FMIC. my Panzer plate supports get in the way of the piping 8(
so you have a kit and cant put it in? or you haven't purchased one? I would try to figure out how to kinda cut that Panzer plate smartly.

What parts of the panzer plate exactly interfere with a FMIC install? I wantz to know about this :D

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
so you have a kit and cant put it in? or you haven't purchased one? I would try to figure out how to kinda cut that Panzer plate smartly.

What parts of the panzer plate exactly interfere with a FMIC install? I wantz to know about this :D
Sounds like he has one and his panzer skid plate mounts that run right under the frame is preventing him from installing it

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like he has one and his panzer skid plate mounts that run right under the frame is preventing him from installing it

Sent from space through a satellite
yeah just wondering if the skid mounts (driver side one) is the only thing that wont allow for a FMIC, i would try sending an email to diesel geek to see what options you can come up with

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.