Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all. I own a '92 Jetta 2 CL which doesn't have power steering. The steering is extreamly stiff. What could possibly be the reason? I have changed the steering rack and shock pot bearings and rubbers but it seems that the steering became more stiff after changing the above mentioned parts. I would greatly appreciate any and all comments. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good evening all. I own a '92 Jetta 2 CL which doesn't have power steering. The steering is extreamly stiff. What could possibly be the reason? I have changed the steering rack and shock pot bearings and rubbers but it seems that the steering became more stiff after changing the above mentioned parts. I would greatly appreciate any and all comments. Thank you in advance.
Good evening.
So was the steering softer at some point? Do you have some frame of reference? That just sounds like your typical german steering and suspension. Couldn’t imagine it with out power steering, jesus. Hwo need s gym membership. Other yhan mechanical binding or a drylube point Im not sure there is s solution besides power steering retrofit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good day
Yea, i'm pretty sure it wasn't that stiff with the old worn steering rack, but then again, the previous owner slapped on larger and more beefy tires on it and i'm not sure whether this can play a roll in it's stiffness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts