Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is my 3rd post having something to do with suspension. So try and bear with me here, I've said I don't understand it much. I've inspected the rubber stops to see if I could repair the stocks, but what's being overlooked by people is that the struts are stock. Possibly original. I have over 200k miles on this car. The springs or shocks have got to be sagging, which is causing my bang noise.
I know what I'm needing in suspension, but can't get a clear answer by browsing the web.
The coilover topics are conflicting in the forums.

Here's what I'm looking for-
I DON'T WANT LOW. Especially not massive amounts of it-lol
I WANT STIFFER THEN STOCK.
NO RUBBING OF ANY KIND.

In reference to the numerous Rokkor vs Raceland
The forums seem to say everything from Coilovers are for getting Low but also say they're adjustable... Can you not adjust them to stock height??

The forums say they are stiff, but they also say they are bouncey even compared to stock... I found Factory Struts for the same price as Racelands, Aren't raceland/rokkors a "perfomance part" that is suppose to be stiffer??

The Forums say you can adjust the stiffness of them, some say you can't- WTF? On a bike it's as simple as turn the dial at the top of he forks and you can get lock-out stiff or spongey pathetic sag. Is there some simple fast adjustments out there?

Forums say Rokkors/Racelands rub everything from the axle to the wheel well... That's BAD. If they fit right they shouldn't rub. If they're stiffer then stock and your not sitting on the ground they shouldn't bottom out! Do they rub?

Please leave out the opinions over looks here, try and keep it suspension related. I take gravel and dirt roads everyday. There's pot holes out here that'll swallow a wheel whole and tear your front lip off.

Thanks For Reading! And Extra Love to anyone who knows of some Super Stiff Adjustable to Stock Height Suspension!

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
coilovers are used to get low but im pretty sure they can be raised to stock or close to it. to get a more quality ride youll have to spend upwards of >1000 for like blistien coilovers.

that or get some GLI sport springs (1.1 inch drop, no rub!) and racing/touring struts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Oregon! That's a new one, I haven't heard GLI sport springs mentioned anywhere yet. I'll look into those in addition to some nice struts. That sounds expensive as well. Any suspension being an upgrade to mine, Would it be worth it to have a junkyard pull all the suspension off a GLI? Figured if the mounts are the same, it should work with my car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Forums say you can adjust the stiffness of them, some say you can't- WTF? On a bike it's as simple as turn the dial at the top of he forks and you can get lock-out stiff or spongey pathetic sag. Is there some simple fast adjustments out there?
If only everyone obsessed over suspension adjustments like mountain bikers

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For real! I've got the Marzochi-Dirt Jumpers on my Mountain bike, they got the instant lock out switch on my bars...lol But I was referring to the one's on a Motorcycle Fork with the simple click adjustment... Thats the suspension I Understand! I can built a bike blindfolded, Motorized or Not, Top-End, Bottom-End, Front-End..... Heck with these springs that I keep hearing I'll need a spring compressor to remove or they'll jump out after me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts