Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, lets get down to business! I know a lot of you have been struggling to get those stubby antennas installed; so here is a DIY that explains it all!

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT held accountable for any injuries that can and probably will occur during this DIY. proceed at your own risk.

Tools and supplies needed:
-stubby antenna
-hands (if you dont have any a buddy can probably help you)

STEPS:

1.) Buy a stubby antenna. 98stocker sells them for 11 bucks shipped. hes a real classy guy. fast shipping, and actually improved radio signal. Send him a PM, you'll save time and money.

2.) Locate your antenna:

Unscrew your antenna. Lefty loosey righty tighty!

3.) Have your stubby antenna ready. this is where things get tricky.

4.) you are going to take your stubby and screw it into the hole. Again; lefty loosey, righty tighty!

5.) you might want to put some loc tite (bolt glue) on the stubby screw, as people like to steal stubby antennas.

6.)And just like that, you have your stubby antenna installed! See that wasn't so bad!

you can also take this opportunity to paint the grey thing the antenna screws into. mine is obviously disgusting, i need to spray it.

A WORD OF CAUTION: I'd recommend keeping your stock antenna, and vento can back me up; its a good tool to fight robot pirates with!

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe you should have worn some sport gloves or something, disclaimer bro, no legal action can touch meh!

and that sucks about ECS, my antenna works awesome for 11 bucks, and i live in a sort of rural area.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yea i had no idea about you 98. its pretty good every now and then but if i dont wash my car for more than a week thats when it starts to suck lol. i know sounds crazy but idk its alright

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
i bought mine from ecstuning and the signal is not all that good
Well of course you're going to lose quality in reception. How short did you go?? I bought mine from Black Forest Industries, it's WAY small, the smalled you can get. It's probably 2" haha, and I get pretty good reception still, which surprised me. But I wasn't worried about that anyways, as I never listen to the radio because it blows.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
The radio does blow.. Every once in a while though you hear a good song thats worth stealing off the internet.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Oh yeah, totally adding this to the DIY list lolz.

The radio does blow.. Every once in a while though you hear a good song thats worth stealing off the internet.
Haha yes, this is true. But that's so rare I'd rather just stick to my CD's.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Yeah out there in Iowa you probly got 1 rock station and 20 country stations lmao

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Yeah out there in Iowa you probly got 1 rock station and 20 country stations lmao
Lol sadly we lost our BEST radio station last year 'cause it got bought out by a country station -.-

Pretty much radio consists of country, oldies, and 2 modern rock stations.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
thhuper gheey

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
I love your disclaimer. Good DIY mate.

As a side note to any of you who hate the radio, as I do (no offense to any who do, to each is own) and use only cds or tape adaptors, obviously ur stubby is worthless so i unscrewed the thing just off and found a bolt that fit the threading and put on a nut cap. Looks great and looks like a complete stub.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
I love your disclaimer. Good DIY mate.

As a side note to any of you who hate the radio, as I do (no offense to any who do, to each is own) and use only cds or tape adaptors, obviously ur stubby is worthless so i unscrewed the thing just off and found a bolt that fit the threading and put on a nut cap. Looks great and looks like a complete stub.

Pics!! (lol at your sig)

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yeah, totally adding this to the DIY list lolz.
haha i hope your serious!

radio sucks, i favor cds! only cuz my ipod connection crapped out :(

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
send a pm to 98stocker, he sells em for 11 bucks.

SO when is this getting sticky'd?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts