Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1998 Jetta GL. Mechanically it seems pretty solid. Still getting used to the clutch, much different than my 99 Miata. The body has a number of problems. Major rocker panel rust, and most immediately important, missing sunroof panel. First drive on the highway and it blew off and shattered to pieces. I'm having a hard time finding a replacement panel, and am wondering if anyone has made a replacement panel themselves, that has had good results. I'm not really concerned about a functional sunroof, just want something that doesn't leak, and is an inexpensive fix. I bought the car for a pretty reasonable price, and it only has 119k miles on it, so I'm debating on how to proceed with the car, but will probably fix the rust and try to make the car go a long way. For the time being though, I can't afford to put in a new sunroof, and am not sure it is worth it anyway. Any ideas about where I could buy a used panel, or make one myself, would be much appreciated. Thanks. Am looking forward to being part of the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts