Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Box One Collective
1,666 Posts
hey erin, i hear what you're saying. i found a shitload of posts all over the web where people are running without them and have no apparent issue. I'm no expert on the subject so can't really say if it's good or bad, but I try to side on caution now that I taxi my 2 yr old around in my car. A couple years ago i would have probably cut that **** out and wouldn't have thought anything different. So you're right, each their own.

I still think the insurance company scenerio is something to think about tho.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i understand where everyone is coming from. if this were permanent i wouldnt do it but its only temporary because im having problems. its just until i can afford an ecs one like i said because right now im in the process of getting a timing belt and just put mad money into that.

now erin, what im wondering is are you having the problems everyone else says they are?

i mean i completely understand that cars are going to have problems and some wont im just asking to know how it is for you.

·
lownslow
1,581 Posts
i understand where everyone is coming from. if this were permanent i wouldnt do it but its only temporary because im having problems. its just until i can afford an ecs one like i said because right now im in the process of getting a timing belt and just put mad money into that.

now erin, what im wondering is are you having the problems everyone else says they are?

i mean i completely understand that cars are going to have problems and some wont im just asking to know how it is for you.
If you're talking about handling problems? My car didn't handle that well to begin with...it's not like these cars were built for the track.
I've noticed a slight difference than when my swaybar was in.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
If you're talking about handling problems? My car didn't handle that well to begin with...it's not like these cars were built for the track.
I've noticed a slight difference than when my swaybar was in.
x2 i hate these stupid question threads. how about you just do it, and see for yourself? honestly. if you dont like it whoppie. you planned on getting another one anyways!

·
lownslow
1,581 Posts
x2 i hate these stupid question threads. how about you just do it, and see for yourself? honestly. if you dont like it whoppie. you planned on getting another one anyways!

Don't be ruude! I wasn't directing my rudeness towards her. I'm just tired of people saying it's not safe or whatever. If it was that big of a deal, I wouldn't do it.
Where is tico and ryan when you need them.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts

Don't be ruude! I wasn't directing my rudeness towards her. I'm just tired of people saying it's not safe or whatever. If it was that big of a deal, I wouldn't do it.
Where is tico and ryan when you need them.

sorry, just irritated.

·
Box One Collective
1,666 Posts
no need to get irritated or frustrated. It's a forum, people are going to ask questions and other people are going to express their opinions, then the OP needs to take what they want from it and go from there. If we all agreed on everything we do to our cars this place would be pretty boring. I dunno, I try to stay open to others opinions even when I might not agree, it's not worth getting worked up about... IMO...lol.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
no need to get irritated or frustrated. It's a forum, people are going to ask questions and other people are going to express their opinions, then the OP needs to take what they want from it and go from there. If we all agreed on everything we do to our cars this place would be pretty boring. I dunno, I try to stay open to others opinions even when I might not agree, it's not worth getting worked up about... IMO...lol.

no no. it has nothing to do about this thread, its personal.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
every thread i start some fight starts.

all i asked was how to do it cause none of my friends are around and im doing it myself.
if you go back i never asked for opinions just help

·
lownslow
1,581 Posts
every thread i start some fight starts.

all i asked was how to do it cause none of my friends are around and im doing it myself.
if you go back i never asked for opinions just help
This is just a topic some people don't agree on and when you put their opinons with others, you get arguments.

·
Registered
5 Posts
from a performance aspect, your best bet is to unbolt the sway bar and drive it around a bit. perfrom a few evasive manuveurs, highway lane change, etc. if it feels uncomfortable, get the aftermarket sawy that goes under the axle, and no worries.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i felt the same as everyone about not removing the sb. vw didnt put it there for nothing...yea yea. so i cut mine out and decided if i noticed any difference at all i was gonna buy an h&r. needless to say i didnt. havnt felt any difference in the handling. granted like stated before i dont do motorsports or drive like a ricer.

with that said. i cut mine on the other side of the loops and let the straight length sit in the bushings.i used a cut off wheel and some safety glasses. dont need some metal shiz up your eyes. every car is different tho and everybodies suspension is at a different point. so if you do end up noticing a difference i wouldnt be at all suprised, but the census is that normal driving you wont notice.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
21 - 40 of 42 Posts