Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
this thread has turned into gibberish.
haha i agree. im confused. so im gonna try and help.

i laid on my six pack (yeah right) and took a pic facing toward the back of my car to show where the sway bar should be. you can see where i set the camera
000_0012.jpg

this is the front side of your control arm. the empty tapped hole you see is where my swaybar end link should be bolted to. you can also see a lil further back in the pic, my cutoff swaybar. i left mine in the bushings and have been too lazy to cut it in the middle and comp remove it. the sb goes from the cutoff mark over your axle (you can also see my rub marks from before i cut it out) to that tapped hole. the other end runs across your car to do the same on the pass side.
000_0013.jpg

this is what i removed and the "hoop" part is where it goes over the sb and that is what typically rubs. you can see the hole in the endlink where its suppposed to bolt to the CA.
000_0014.jpg

now. to the OP. in the beginning you said your car isnt that low but was hitting the sb, and then said you lowered it more and it went away. so im assuming you are running some coilovers, and that you heard the infamous sb "clunk" to realize you were hitting it. you lowered it more and now you are not hitting the sb. you may be sitting on the swaybar completely and keeping it from clunking. not sure if its possible put def plausible. can you actually get under your car to see rub marks on the axle or on the sb itself? also if you can see under without jacking the car up, then you will be able to see how much room you have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
because they dont know any better. i would want to drive or be in a car that dosent have all of its suspension parts. but quick movements will affect your car.

and yea i know alot of other people do it jeeps like to remove there bars for some reason.
Talk about a late response lmao, but fyi jeeps do it for offloading purposes to get more flex and movement out of the axles, on top of getting more flex and angle typically they snap the sway bars anyways if they leave them in from the stress of the flex when climbing over obstacles

41 - 42 of 42 Posts