Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im trying to tint my tails, and this is what i want:

-something dark enough during the day, but lets decent light through at night
-something that isnt permanent so if i sell it and the buyer doesnt want it, i can take it off

what are my options and how do i go about doing it?

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
A tint film is what you want. I rock'd 'em for a while. you can get some off ebay for like 5-10 bucks. just follow the directions and its easy to do with a buddy. makes it alot easier with an extra set of hands. some window tint stores do it for a small fee too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay so we agree on the tint film..

previous to this post i had already gone to my local auto store and got 20% window tint.. is this what you guys mean or no? is it something specific that im missing, and if so, can i get it at an auto store or is ordering it the only way of obtaining it?

·
H.M.F.I.C.
646 Posts
Google search laminex film. Its a thick film used to protect lenses and comes in clear,smoke (two shades I think), blue, and yellow. You can buy it in sheets or already cut for some applications. Call the guys at NGP and ask for Arno, they'll get you what you need. (And no this isn't a sales pitch, they just have really good customer service).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright so im on the lamin-x website and this stuff looks pretty good. i now have three choices - gun metal, smoked, and charcoal. i dont know if anyone has experience with these, but which one should i get if i want one that blacks it out the most, but still lets a good amount of light through? the gun metal looks pretty weak in my opinion, but i dont wanna become a problem for people on the road ya dig?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.