Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Moving forward, Tapatalk will no longer be available on Jetta Junkie. AutoGuide.com has made available for your download the AutoGuide App, available to Apple and Android Phones and Tablets. It’s available as a free or paid version. You can find it by searching “AutoGuide” in the app store or by clicking here:Free Automotive, Car Mobile App - Apple & Android

The functionality of the free vs. paid app is the same; however, the major difference between the two is the presence of the advertisements, or absence thereof, respectively.

For users who access the forum using a mobile browser, you will not be prompted to download the app every time you access the forum. The prompt is cookie-based and will only happen once every 30 days, unless you delete all the cookies off your mobile device or use the browser’s incognito mode.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Can I have my money back for the tapatalk app? I bought it solely to use it with JJ. Admin please PM me for the PayPal info. Thanks.

Sent from my phone, expect typos and bad grammar...

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Pretty much everything that was already said. What about for premium members? I mean, I already paid for an ad-free subscription to the website but still get google ads at the top of the page...

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry about the inconvenience this has caused. The choice to remove TapaTalk is network wide and add the Autoguide app to sites that previously did not have it. The AutoGuide app comes in a free and paid version with the only difference being the paid version is ad free. We are not issuing refund for the TapaTalk app. If you want to have the cost of your app refunded you should contact TapaTalk

- dm , community support

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
Question. You can only post pics from the app if they're forum hosted? Even with the paid version?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
If so this will really really blow

Sent from space through a satellite
I just bought the app thinking the paid version would host pics, guess not. I'm trying to post pics on another forum and it doesn't give me any hosting options, just "cancel"...........

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
I just bought the app thinking the paid version would host pics, guess not. I'm trying to post pics on another forum and it doesn't give me any hosting options, just "cancel"...........

This is really gonna suck now ima have to post pics from my computer from now on

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can I have my money back for the tapatalk app? I bought it solely to use it with JJ. Admin please PM me for the PayPal info. Thanks.
Tapatalk is not exclusive for JJ. Your money that you paid for the app goes to the developers of Tapatalk, not JJ. You can access numerous other forums for it so a refund should not be in question.

That being said, I'm not supporting the removal of the app. Even though I don't post much on here, I still read a lot of threads on this forum either from my computer or phone.

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
This is really gonna suck now ima have to post pics from my computer from now on

If I have to do this I probably will hardly ever post pics. I take everything with my phone and I def won't be syncing it to my lap top every time I wanna post a pic, that's just annoying.

Dwayn chime in, this is frustrating me mang

·
222 Posts
Sorry for being late to the party here. I was wondering on why my tapatalk wasn't working. Now looking at the forums at work just got a whole lot more dull. May I ask what it was that sparked the removal of the Tapatalk support? It just seems silly that JJ would remove the support for tapatalk when VWVortex one of the largest VW communities supports Tapatalk. Frankly my phone already runs slow and I do not what to add an additional forum access app when all the other Forums I access on a regular basis are TapaTalk friendly. Is auto guide sponsoring JJ or why the sudden change to the obvious Tapatalk knock off? Looking at the current iOS version It would appear to be buggy as it is receiving a 2 start average with the high majority being 1 star reviews (thus far 25 reviews). and the Android version not much better with 3 stars. Due to the general consensuses of disapproval can one assume tapatalk will make a return?

·
not your typical air ride
7,193 Posts
im running the ios beta 7 as a developer and autoguide damn near doesnt work. I already deleted it. I access JJ thru the web browser now. The removal of tapatalk from JJ feels motivated by money as opposed to convenience.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts