Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some pics of a Jetta MK4 in Dark Blue that's not totally stock???

I ask because I have one. It seems nothing really matches the color. I can photoshop all day with this thing but everything looks terrible. I'm on my 3rd set of wheels, Chrome was a disaster, the BBS style Grey with the Silver Lip not so appealing, and black still looks off....
I've thought of painting the strips black or the grill but it just looks like it need to be painted then.... NOTHING LOOKS RIGHT WITH THIS DANG DARK BLUE! I don't want to be chromed out like those stupid Crown Vic's, and I don't want canary yellow either...

Basically I'm forced to be completely Stock Everything. I can't even put the smoke side markers on without them looking like a cancerous mole on the side of the car.

Photoshopin' the front grill pieces Red, and adding Black Wheels with a lime green trim, looked kinda FLY if I could one day sell it to a descendant of Bob Marley..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello there,
I just bought a 2001 dark blue jetta 1.8T and i am trying to find stuff to do to it as well.
What all are you trying to do to yours?

My interior is needing a pickup, and i was wondering about new seats, or maybe even custom seat covers, and something for the back seat.

·
Knight of the 3rd Pedal
497 Posts
I have a '01 galactic blue....look at my album

Amber sidemarkers look good on our color (any darker color I think)

Bronze would be a good direction to go maybe....just my $0.02

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey! ,
I'm fairly satisfied with the interior. I have the Black trims with Very dark grey accents on the seat. It definitely beats those tan or light grey ones.
Although I like the dished out custom seats, I really like having the airbags in the side of the stock seats, But theirs some really nice seat covers for the Jetta out there.

As far as interior goes, I've got some of the carbon trim pieces ordered. I've seen some Headrest with stock material that basically have the middle cut out. Just can't find where to buy them. I've also dropped in the hard rubber form floor mats. Since they're so easy to yank out and spray off with a hose it keeps it looking clean inside. I've cut the shifter height down as well.

For the Exterior I haven't done a much. Just added Vent Visors on the windows, and not the cheap stick on ones. They slide into the channel the glass slides into, added the sunroof visor as well. I tented the front windows dark as possible, and blacked out the back windows and the trunk. So, if you're in the back seat it is dark! I'm getting back to the stock steel wheels with cap, but I'd like to find some I like some day! I think that's it, I'll post some pics soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm surprised! The amber doesn't look bad at all. It just stands out a bit much, I'd like to try to keep the colors more uniform. Trying to stay limited to maybe 2 colors or shades...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uh... Some like it, but me.... The way the wheels have the tires squeezed on leaves them looking like the poke out like some mexican's low ridin' impala... Might look fresh on black. Still hate blue-lol I seen several Beetles in a factory Fire Orange color. Wish i could do the jetta like that. I like the blue one's in the other link!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeh im not too fond of the one in the pic either, i dont like how it looks like the car is sitting on the wheels. Where can i find some nice custom seat covers for the jetta?

My top 3 looks are these:

·
Cone Killer
1,860 Posts
Where can i find some nice custom seat covers for the jetta?
excellent question, don't forget to please search first, then if you're not satisfied with what you find, go ahead and start a fresh thread for it so that this one stays on topic :)

I like the red on those rims, btw ... works with the red tails.

To OP, I'd keep the exterior pretty much stock- amber markers, red tails, and focus your time and money on stance.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KBrad's #1 is nice.... I like this one here- BlueStriped.jpg Might like it more with darker tails and some dark wheels... I'm finally deciding what I like more on this dark blue.. Your tails aint bad SlowJet! And I didn't mean the wheels were poked like out from the wheel well, but the tires are squeezed on and the rims have that sunk in center similar to the nasty spoked wheels.. Notice the rims here are flush with the tire. I DON'T LIKE MUCH OF ANYTHING ON THE DARK BLUE, It's why i started the thread. I LOVE MY INTERIOR THOUGH.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you were askin me SkareKrow- I have amber markers but I'll get some smokes soon.

To know exactly what I like it would be, the Black Jetta or BMW, Merc., With Black wheels and Black tint. Or I like the white Jetta with black grills and black rub strips. And i like the silver Jetta with the stock VW BBS 16" bora wheels.
So before someone complains about me be difficult again, remember I started the thread for everyone to show what they feel looks good with a dark blue jetta mk4... I know I'm difficult myself, but it's because this dang dark blue is one of the last colors i'd pick for a jetta. but when i got this car I gave only $1200. So it's not like I wanted the color and changed my mind... I believe their is hope for this color! The posts I've received here have already inspired me to move forward with what I'd like to do with this car! :) Thank you all!

·
Master Necromancer
1,822 Posts
hey pain. yea i was asking cuz i have clears. and that Jett will rub like crazy. trust me. hell trust us. roll and pull your fenders and save a tire.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ya, i like like audi wheels on the jetta. even some merc. wheels.... but what i'm saving to get is the stock BBS 16" wheels. The one's that came on the Bora. I've been waiting for a junkyard here to get a full set. they told me $70 a piece. So i'll offer the guy $250 for the set, or get him to throw in a new dome light that I need... I think i'll paint them black and leave the edge silver. I saw some Red and Black VW center caps too. I used to have a red stubby antenna. it faded to a nasty pink over 1 summer but i'd like to get another one. it looked really good on the blue!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts