Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
581 - 600 of 624 Posts
Has anyone bought the ecs tuning fog light kit that's comes with the euro switch? If I install that would I have to do anything else to my car? Example, would the euro switch simply take over and I won't have to do any extra wiring for my headlights?
see my response in your thread

so wot 5000ish rpms boost drops from 20 to 6psi and will fluctuate from 6 to 11 through the rest of the rev range in 3,4,5 gear no boost leaks no codes. when i had the car flashed to stock for emission testing problem was gone and it was right back after reflashed back to unitronic. maybe maf sensor? idk looking for input

probably should add that the plugs were a little carbon fouled so running lean..maybe some thing dumb like a plug up fuel filter?

so wot 5000ish rpms boost drops from 20 to 6psi and will fluctuate from 6 to 11 through the rest of the rev range in 3,4,5 gear no boost leaks no codes. when i had the car flashed to stock for emission testing problem was gone and it was right back after reflashed back to unitronic. maybe maf sensor? idk looking for input

probably should add that the plugs were a little carbon fouled so running lean..maybe some thing dumb like a plug up fuel filter?
Have you tested your DV?

It might be the DV going bad and just not holding the boost or maybe the N75 is not working properly. Its hard to tell, but you said there's no boost leak. Did you test it or just check the connections?

i ran a home made tester through the intake ran compressed air and spayed connections with soapy water found no leaks and just through a vaccum pump on my dv that is holding vaccum with no problems

I attempted to rotate my tires today. On the front wheel the threads are gone on one and I can't put the last lug nut in now. I've never worked on a Volkswagen before and it looks like the wheel bolts into the brakes disk but that be right. What part do I need to replace along with the lug nuts to get the wheel to bolt again. Also what foot pounds should the aftermarket rims be tourqed to I believe they are aluminum as they are pretty light.

I attempted to rotate my tires today. On the front wheel the threads are gone on one and I can't put the last lug nut in now. I've never worked on a Volkswagen before and it looks like the wheel bolts into the brakes disk but that be right. What part do I need to replace along with the lug nuts to get the wheel to bolt again. Also what foot pounds should the aftermarket rims be tourqed to I believe they are aluminum as they are pretty light.
You can try to covert it to press in studs or a stud kit, so you no longer need to use those wheel bolts ever again. Might be cheaper than replacing everything.

Hey Guys and Girls, i am brand new to VWs , but not cars in general. I know engines but not tranmissions. haha. Anyways i have a couple questions about a 2010 Wolfsburg 6mt. When i am shifting sometimes its extremely smooth , and others its extremely knotchy. Any ideas on whats happening or what i should have looked at a a local shop? Also She only has 67 thousand miles on her and i need to replace the struts/shocks. i found a set of Hi Tec suspension bits for a decent price at ECS Tuning http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_V--2.0T/By_Brand/F/FK/Suspension/ES2209141/. Has anyone ran this set of bits in their jetta and how did you like them? Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_V--2.0T/By_Brand/F/FK/Suspension/ES2209141/

Hey Guys and Girls, i am brand new to VWs , but not cars in general. I know engines but not tranmissions. haha. Anyways i have a couple questions about a 2010 Wolfsburg 6mt. When i am shifting sometimes its extremely smooth , and others its extremely knotchy. Any ideas on whats happening or what i should have looked at a a local shop? Also She only has 67 thousand miles on her and i need to replace the struts/shocks. i found a set of Hi Tec suspension bits for a decent price at ECS Tuning http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_V--2.0T/By_Brand/F/FK/Suspension/ES2209141/. Has anyone ran this set of bits in their jetta and how did you like them? Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_V--2.0T/By_Brand/F/FK/Suspension/ES2209141/
fk is a well known brand, I would trust there brand on my car

Hey guys, new to jetta junkie here and I own 2000 2.0 Jetta. This mite be a really simple question but I need to know where my transmission computer is located so I can get the numbers to match them up with one from another jetta. If anyone knows please inform me.

Hey guys, new to jetta junkie here and I own 2000 2.0 Jetta. This mite be a really simple question but I need to know where my transmission computer is located so I can get the numbers to match them up with one from another jetta. If anyone knows please inform me.
I'm assuming it's auto and it should be under the drivers seat

I believe it's next to the ECM under the front cowl under the wipers, should be on the passenger side between the cabin filter and ECM.

This might be for the manual version.

I'm assuming it's auto and it should be under the drivers seat
Oh I guess it would help if I told yall that it was automatic. Thanks for y'alls help I'll just check both tomorrow unless someone knows where it is for sure.

Okay. So I own a 2000 jetta GL. The people I bought it from had installed lambo doors on it and at first (I was fifteen) I thought oh that'd be cool. And now (19) I cannot stand them. They are a pain in the ass and way to much hassle to get in and out of the car. Is there a way I can revert back to normal door hinges? The lambo door hinges are bolt on...idk if that means anything but I can use all the help I can get.

Okay. So I own a 2000 jetta GL. The people I bought it from had installed lambo doors on it and at first (I was fifteen) I thought oh that'd be cool. And now (19) I cannot stand them. They are a pain in the ass and way to much hassle to get in and out of the car. Is there a way I can revert back to normal door hinges? The lambo door hinges are bolt on...idk if that means anything but I can use all the help I can get.
You should be able to go to a junkyard and pull the hinges from another Jetta and install your doors back to how they were.

581 - 600 of 624 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.