Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
601 - 620 of 624 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find a red silicone house kit for a 2000 2.0 jetta? All I find are for the 1.8t and vr6.
are you talking about the coolant hose kit? if so they don't make it, You'll have to custom piece together a kit, the bolt on performance gains are not going to put the vehicles stock coolant hoses at failure risk as it would in a 1.8t or vr

Well most of my hoses are going bad besides the ones that I've replaced already. And I'm tired of replacing one by one so I decided to just get all new hoses but wanted to dress up the engine bay a bit with red silicone hoses. It's not a must have just wondering if yall knew where to get silicone hoses or sets.

Alrite thanks for that. Aside from the hoses I'm also looking to get new rims. I'm new to suspension and camber and all that other stuff so I would like to know if a set of 17x8 with 35mm offset will fit my mk4 jetta on stock suspension with no spacers or anything like that.

Alrite thanks for that. Aside from the hoses I'm also looking to get new rims. I'm new to suspension and camber and all that other stuff so I would like to know if a set of 17x8 with 35mm offset will fit my mk4 jetta on stock suspension with no spacers or anything like that.
I think it was anything above 38mm you would need spacers, but it's been awhile. I think you'll be fine with that setup though.

Alrite. So I need to replace my rear door speakers in my 2000 jetta. To my understanding it starts out with "normal" wiring and than after the plug in for the speaker the wiring changes to fiber optic wiring that connects to the speaker. problem is the connecting pieces have been riped off. Anyone know how a quick fix or just how to possibly extend the "normal" wire straight to the speakers? Any ideas will help.

Alrite. So I need to replace my rear door speakers in my 2000 jetta. To my understanding it starts out with "normal" wiring and than after the plug in for the speaker the wiring changes to fiber optic wiring that connects to the speaker. problem is the connecting pieces have been riped off. Anyone know how a quick fix or just how to possibly extend the "normal" wire straight to the speakers? Any ideas will help.
You could just hook up some speaker wire.

Okay haven't found anything on this but the other day my low beams stopped working and my high beams will work but only when I pull back and hold lever on the left side of the steering wheel (idk the technical name) but not when I push forward on the lever. I've tried replacing fuses and checking the connection behind the headlight switch. I own an 2000 mk4 jetta.

Okay haven't found anything on this but the other day my low beams stopped working and my high beams will work but only when I pull back and hold lever on the left side of the steering wheel (idk the technical name) but not when I push forward on the lever. I've tried replacing fuses and checking the connection behind the headlight switch. I own an 2000 mk4 jetta.
Sounds like its your headlight switch could be broken. Try checking your local junkyard for one and see if it fixes the issue.

You could also pull the switch out and make sure the wire are still intact in the back and making contact with the switch.

What about turn signals and horn? Do they still work?

Tips on how to repair a rusty windshield valley I've cleaned majority of the rust was thinking I could cut patches from scrap yard weld in and bondo
If you can find something that can neutralize the rust, then you could sand it and paint over it or polish it.

I don't know if you can get this bottle at any store, since i got this from my buddy when he worked at Ford. It's called Rust Mort and turns the rust black.

so ive had a boost problem for awhile now at 5k rpm boost falls on its face from 20psi to 6 and will bounce from 6 to 11psi... i have boost leak tested more times then i can count and have also tried gaping down spark plugs with a colder plug and found no help ive also tested my dv with a vacuum pump no problem found there and there is a new maf on the car. so today i made a homemade mbc and bypassed the n75 to see what would happen and results are instead of a hard hesitation and lost of boost.. the car will now hold 20 strong and taper off to 6psi at about 55 57ish rpm but it sits at 6psi and shudders and i can hear popping from the exhaust like its misfiring. i run stage 2 uni with supporting mods any ideas where to go from here?

so ive had a boost problem for awhile now at 5k rpm boost falls on its face from 20psi to 6 and will bounce from 6 to 11psi... i have boost leak tested more times then i can count and have also tried gaping down spark plugs with a colder plug and found no help ive also tested my dv with a vacuum pump no problem found there and there is a new maf on the car. so today i made a homemade mbc and bypassed the n75 to see what would happen and results are instead of a hard hesitation and lost of boost.. the car will now hold 20 strong and taper off to 6psi at about 55 57ish rpm but it sits at 6psi and shudders and i can hear popping from the exhaust like its misfiring. i run stage 2 uni with supporting mods any ideas where to go from here?
Are you running the 4 bar FPR?

The Ko3 usually drops around 5k rpms, but it shouldn't drop that much. My first thought is the N75 not holding the boost.

601 - 620 of 624 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.