Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I've had a lot of VAG vehicles, Škoda Volkswagen etc, but never a Jetta. I don't have so much money at the moment but I'm looking at a 2000 ) year model) Bora. Question is, how reliable are these vehicles? Common problems etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems like a great car. Leaky sunroof is my issue as well as a slight miss at 102k. Of course timing belt is a $600 job is a 100k must. Love my 5spd. Brakes and shocks need done. Alot of maintenance at this point 100k tune cost but all my parts are available through Chinese site for cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response mate!

When you say 'a slight miss' occurred at 100k, you don't mean that the engine [from then on out] has started to misfire a certain cylinder at a regular basis, do you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your response mate!

When you say 'a slight miss' occurred at 100k, you don't mean that the engine [from then on out] has started to misfire a certain cylinder at a regular basis, do you?
No, not then on out. I'm just due for a tune and a random misfire is happening ever so slight. Changed gas filter and helped it yet more needs completed. 2.0 liter slo car/ efficient! Cool talking mate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts